Just got back from the reef resort over Easter week.
RESORT: The one bedroom was very clean, and well stocked with supplies. We bought breakfast and lunch food at Foster's across the street and It has all the basics you would need. Prices weren't too bad considering how expensive it is to eat out!!! We had a 1st floor room which was amazing, open the door and you are on the beach!!! We snorkeled right outside our room and saw a lot of great stuff. Talk to the people at white sands on the resort and they will tell you where the best snorkeling is if you are unsure, but pretty much everywhere is great. It does get a bit cloudy though when it is windy. The space between the two piers is the best I think. My family (husband and 10 year old) loved being on the east end where there are no annoying lines or crowds. Always a beach chair available, on the beach or at the pool no matter what time, wonderful! Bar Restaurant was good and outside, very nice. The staff are friendly. I would definitely go back to the Reef.
DIVING: My daughter and I did our open water cert. dives with Ocean Frontiers, 6 minutes away. This is the BEST DIVE OP!!!!!!! Knowledgeable, friendly. If you wanted a guide, great, if not, that is fine too. Equipment was in excellent shape. Divers of all levels will have a great time. Plus they have an amazing photographer with you under water! You can order the pics online and they were AMAZING!!
TRIPS: STINRAY SAND BAR with Redsail at rum point. 20 minute drive to rum point and a GREAT trip!!! Friendly staff on boat, got to see and touch the stingrays and our captain showed us an eel and spiny lobster. A must do. The outside restaurant had good food at good prices! We layed in the hammocks after and had a great time. Drove to GEORGETOWN, about an hour. Pretty touristy area with a lot of shops, that's it. But we went to the TURTLE FARM and was amazed by all there is to do there. You can pick up the turtles, snorkel in a lagoon, swim in a fresh water pool. The pool had a large slide which my daughter loved while my husband and I relaxed on chairs, again, NO CROWDS!!!
RESATURANTS: We went to over the edge, about 10 mins from The Reef, great conch fritters and great blackened fish. Would recommend.
OVERALL: Loved the reef resort because the accommodations were nice but not crowded. Driving to rum point or the dive shop were not an issue. We went to georgetown and the turtle farm only once but that was enough, if you are looking to go to georgetown more than once I wouldn't stay on the east end, too much time to get there.
GREAT VACATION- HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE REEF!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Reef Resort is the only ALL BEACHFRONT, ALL SUITE RESORT WITH AN ALL-INCLUSIVE PROGRAM ON GRAND CAYMAN. The white sands of Grand Cayman are your welcome mat and the crystal clear waters are your playground. Since all of our suites are right on the beach, you'll enjoy exploring, playing, snorkeling and diving, or soaking in the beauty just steps outside your door. This East End getaway, far from the crowds, provides a truly serene tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Wyndham Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Resort Grand Cayman
- Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End