The reason we missed one year was because of Ivan. Grand Cayman suffered a lot of damage from Ivan and it was still noticeable a year later.
We have found The Reef to be a wonderful place to stay. It is right on the ocean with only sand between your room and the ocean. We usually stay about ten days and go scuba diving almost every day.
The Hotel is a long way from Seven Mile Beach which we prefer. We always rent a car and on the way from the airport we stop at one of three grocery stores and by groceries for breakfast, lunch and snacks. There is a beach bar, and restaurant on-site along with a Subway. Across the street is an italian restaurant, The Italian Kitchen, a place to buy beer and wine and a small grocery store.
If you want some place that is clean, quiet and relaxing this is the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Reef Resort is the only ALL BEACHFRONT, ALL SUITE RESORT WITH AN ALL-INCLUSIVE PROGRAM ON GRAND CAYMAN. The white sands of Grand Cayman are your welcome mat and the crystal clear waters are your playground. Since all of our suites are right on the beach, you'll enjoy exploring, playing, snorkeling and diving, or soaking in the beauty just steps outside your door. This East End getaway, far from the crowds, provides a truly serene tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Wyndham Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Resort Grand Cayman
- Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End