This was our first trip to the Reef & we had mixed impressions, let me explain; the property itself is bueatiful, but as previous reviews have said, it's tired & needs updating, the rooms are nice, the beach is good, & the location is quiet. However there is very limited internet service & it's only available free in the lobby, this can get a bit crowded with everyone on their Iphones etc & the lobby is very small & crowded. Also I heard the activities director being mean & condecending to another concierge in the lobby. I don't think she realized how loud she was, but it wasn't very nice of her to talk like that to anyone. The water sports guys were very nice, Alan is super friendly & informative. The food at the Reef is boring, it's good, but it lacks imigination, the service in the restaurant was terrible, we went in at noon for lunch one day & the staff had no idea of the specials & seemed more intertested in talking amongst themselves than helping customers. The rooms were very nice & clean, the views are amazing & the beds were very comfortable. Front desk was very efficent, Deborah was nice, Cathy in concierge was super friendly, and did whatever she could to make our trip special, she went out of her way on several occasions to help us. The bar was good, nice atmosphere, Tony was funny. Activities were nothing great, mostly excercising & crafts, not very interesting, but the welcome party was fun, great music & dancing, and the ice cube game was good. We did the timeshare tour & went to Stingray City, the tour was interesting. Stingray City was fantastic, the staff was great & we got free transportation when we took the tour, well worth the time we spent taking the tour & if we could, we would definatly buy. So work needs to be done, the staff, some of them at least, go out of their way to be nice, others need a little work & manners, but the Reef is a quaint little resort, and while it needs updating it's very quiet, very pretty & a great place to relax & get away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Reef Resort is the only ALL BEACHFRONT, ALL SUITE RESORT WITH AN ALL-INCLUSIVE PROGRAM ON GRAND CAYMAN. The white sands of Grand Cayman are your welcome mat and the crystal clear waters are your playground. Since all of our suites are right on the beach, you'll enjoy exploring, playing, snorkeling and diving, or soaking in the beauty just steps outside your door. This East End getaway, far from the crowds, provides a truly serene tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Resort Grand Cayman
- Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End