Things go off to a bad start when we arrived post long haul flight and were left to hunt down are room with heavy bags. No offer of help or directions. The room was adequate but hot water was spasmodic and the WiFi really patchy and poor. We tried the bar a couple of times but found the place dirty and tacky. If you like drinking frozen cocktails out of a plastic glass with your feet sticking to the beer soaked floor, this is for you. On our first visit to the bar, we were greeted by an argument between the bar staff who couldn't have been less friendly. The bar is popular with local dive instructors and when I went to bar with some of them, out came the red carpet for the locals whilst the guests were ignored. The food is really average. Don't bother with the restaurant unless you have no standards. I suspect a good place has turned bad judging by some of the positive reviews. Wild horses couldn't drag me back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Reef Resort is the only ALL BEACHFRONT, ALL SUITE RESORT WITH AN ALL-INCLUSIVE PROGRAM ON GRAND CAYMAN. The white sands of Grand Cayman are your welcome mat and the crystal clear waters are your playground. Since all of our suites are right on the beach, you'll enjoy exploring, playing, snorkeling and diving, or soaking in the beauty just steps outside your door. This East End getaway, far from the crowds, provides a truly serene tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Resort Grand Cayman
- Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End