My wife and I spent Nov 10-18 here at the Reef for our 25th anniversary. First vacation in many years without taking our children. Spent much time on beach just relaxing. No problems getting beach chairs and plenty of palm tree shade if you wanted to get out of the sun. It was sunny every day, a bit windy the first two days. Resort was not crowded at this time of year. Our last full day there (Saturday 11/17) everyone was checking out, no one on beach except my wife and I. Room was very clean, everyone very friendly. Check in/out very quick and easy. Overall experience of the Reef and Grand Cayman was excellent.
Ate breakfast here a few days and the monday night buffet which was very good. You definately need a car when staying on east end.
Snorkeling - Best was under the dock at Morritts right next door. Water was calmer and clearer there. Last day I came face to face with a dolphin. Best way to snorkel is to start at the Morritts and drift back to the Reef. Snorkeling at the Reef was better the further out you went. Saw 2 reef sharks out past the White Sands boat that is tied up offshore.
Overall it was a great trip and I would definately stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Reef Resort is the only ALL BEACHFRONT, ALL SUITE RESORT WITH AN ALL-INCLUSIVE PROGRAM ON GRAND CAYMAN. The white sands of Grand Cayman are your welcome mat and the crystal clear waters are your playground. Since all of our suites are right on the beach, you'll enjoy exploring, playing, snorkeling and diving, or soaking in the beauty just steps outside your door. This East End getaway, far from the crowds, provides a truly serene tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Wyndham Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Resort Grand Cayman
- Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End