We did alot of research before picking the Reef...it was exactly what we were looking for. The location was perfect-it was not crowded at all and the weather was gorgeous. The food was outstanding- we ate at the Lighthouse twice-pricey but everything we had there was good, including their desserts! We also ate at Calipso Grill in Morgan's Bay which was an hour drive, but it was worth it!! We tried to have dinner at the Grand Old House as it was reccommended, but they were booked for a private function so maybe next time. Kierra the coincerge was very nice and helpful. My husband enjoyed the snorkeling/stingray city trip-I opted to stay on the boat, but he had a wonderful time. We also listened to the sales pitch for the time share-mostly because we were interested in how it worked and they gave us the stingray city trip at no cost, which was nice. The sales pitch wasn't bad-it's just that they want a decision right away and we both like to look at our options before making a spur of the moment large investment, as well as pay yearly dues.
The only complaints my husband and I had was the bed in our room-it was very hard and uncomfortable. I had a difficult time sleeping and we both woke up with our back and neck hurting. That would be the only reason I would not return. We did hear our neighbors several nights in a row past 11pm, however they were not intentionally loud, it's just that the walls are thin and according to management responses from a few recent reviews they are in the process of fixing this.
All in all, it was a wonderful , relaxing trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Reef Resort is the only ALL BEACHFRONT, ALL SUITE RESORT WITH AN ALL-INCLUSIVE PROGRAM ON GRAND CAYMAN. The white sands of Grand Cayman are your welcome mat and the crystal clear waters are your playground. Since all of our suites are right on the beach, you'll enjoy exploring, playing, snorkeling and diving, or soaking in the beauty just steps outside your door. This East End getaway, far from the crowds, provides a truly serene tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, TravelUp, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Resort Grand Cayman
- Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End