The Reef Resort is on the quiet side of the island, far from 7 mile beach and George Town. You WILL need to rent a vehicle. The fact that all rooms are oceanfront is a huge plus, and the beach is very quiet. The rooms are very nice. It's not the Ritz-Carlton, but comparable to a Courtyard Marriott or Hilton Garden Inn in the states (Remember, you're not paying Ritz-Carlton prices either). There is a restaurant on-site, a Subway at the resort, and a good Italian restaurant across the street, but other than that the dining out options are somewhat limited. There is a grocery store directly across the street, and since the rooms have kitchenettes, that's a good option for some meals and snacks. Safety is a non-issue here, as walking at night is safer than walking on the streets of most American suburbs. Overall I was very pleased with the resort. Staff was great and I very much enjoy the quietness of this side of the island. It only takes a half-hour to get to George Town and 7 mile beach if you want more activities and/or restaurant options (tip: get a small fuel efficient vehicle, since gasoline tops $7 per gallon).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Reef Resort is the only ALL BEACHFRONT, ALL SUITE RESORT WITH AN ALL-INCLUSIVE PROGRAM ON GRAND CAYMAN. The white sands of Grand Cayman are your welcome mat and the crystal clear waters are your playground. Since all of our suites are right on the beach, you'll enjoy exploring, playing, snorkeling and diving, or soaking in the beauty just steps outside your door. This East End getaway, far from the crowds, provides a truly serene tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelsClick and TravelUp so you can book your Wyndham Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Resort Grand Cayman
- Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End