Let me start by saying... YOU NEED A CAR!!!!! Unless you plan to arrive at the hotel and not leave the room or beach, you WILL need a car. OK, having said that, the hotel is very nice, clean and on a beautiful beach which is raked daily!!!! We stayed for a week in 211A and were on our honeymoon. The rooms were nice and clean, however, the mattresses are VERY hard!!! We both came home with a sore back. Before arriving I contacted the concierge via e-mail and she arranged transportation from the airport to hotel for us!!! Definitely utilize this service, if not, the taxi at airport wanted $90US for the fare to hotel!!! INSTEAD, GET A CAR!!!!!!! When we arrived front desk was great, I arranged for the Barefoot Man through concierge and he wasn't overly friendly, I think he said he had a bad back!! However, toward the end of our trip, I teased him about that and he was much nicer!!!! The food was average on Barefoot Man night, however, we also did Italian night and it was good!!! The servers that night were GREAT and they deserve to be recognized!!! Great job guys and chef!!! The bar... after 4 days there and waiting on drinks and waiting on drinks and waiting on drinks... the service was very slow!!! I'm not sure if they had A D D but we'd order a drink and they would say OK and then we'd wait as they served others BOTH who have been in line before us and ones who came AFTER us!!! We met a great couple there from South Carolina and we'd order 4 drinks and we'd receive 3, must be the A D D !!!! I never did get that one!!! However, like I said after the 4th day of this, I went to front desk and asked to speak with the owner. I was told he was not on the property, I requested nicely that I didn't care if he was in Alaska I would like to speak with him/her. At that point, the very NICE gentleman at the front desk put me on the phone with another gentleman and I explained what was going on at the bar and within 5 minutes of my return to the bar, WE HAD GREAT SERVICE!!!!!!! I have to give it to the management for their VERY prompt attention to the matter!!! I'd like to mention we NEVER had any problems when Sandy was bartending, so HATS OFF TO YOU SANDY!!!!! Maybe the management should have you give the other bartenders a training class!!!!! All in all, this is a great hotel for honeymooners, but if you are wanting to be in total hussle, bussle, you should stay somewhere else. We did utilize the grocery store across the street and boy are we glad we did. Our lunches when we went into town for excursions ran $100US for 2 people and the food was very below average!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Reef Resort is the only ALL BEACHFRONT, ALL SUITE RESORT WITH AN ALL-INCLUSIVE PROGRAM ON GRAND CAYMAN. The white sands of Grand Cayman are your welcome mat and the crystal clear waters are your playground. Since all of our suites are right on the beach, you'll enjoy exploring, playing, snorkeling and diving, or soaking in the beauty just steps outside your door. This East End getaway, far from the crowds, provides a truly serene tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Resort Grand Cayman
- Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End