We had already intended to spend the day in the East End when WestJet changed out inboud flight. When we found ourself arriving two days earlier than anticipated, we turned our day trip into an overnight.
Upon arrival we were checked in promptly and offered a complimentary rum punch. Resort activites and amenities were explained and we were directed to our room. We had a third floor room in one of the farther out buildings, which was fine with us. It was nice and quiet and we heard no noise from our neighboring rooms or the outer walkway.
The grounds were nicely kept and the room was clean. Nice full sliding doors to the balcony with a small table and 2 lounge chairs. Beach was steps away. Beach bar had a fun atmosphere, although drinks were very pricey (even by Cayman standards).
Room had a small fridge and coffee maker. We were able to pick up some snacks and juice across the street at the Foster's. There is also a souvenir shop and liquor store directly across the street. We had dinner at the Italian Kitchen in the same plaza, and grabbed lunch at Tukka, just a short drive away.
One word of caution...the house next to Morritt's had 2 large, unleashed dogs that were very aggtessive and ran out to the road when I was passing on a run. Be careful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Reef Resort is the only ALL BEACHFRONT, ALL SUITE RESORT WITH AN ALL-INCLUSIVE PROGRAM ON GRAND CAYMAN. The white sands of Grand Cayman are your welcome mat and the crystal clear waters are your playground. Since all of our suites are right on the beach, you'll enjoy exploring, playing, snorkeling and diving, or soaking in the beauty just steps outside your door. This East End getaway, far from the crowds, provides a truly serene tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Wyndham Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Resort Grand Cayman
- Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End