In a nutshell, if you like being in the middle of the hustle and bustle of things, then this probably isn't the place for you and you should stick with 7 mile beach. That being said, if you like just enough action and convenience to not be bored to death but love to have some privacy, then I HIGHLY recommend The Reef Resort!!! Our condo was on the ground level and our patio was right on the beach with AMAZING views and just steps to the lounge chairs! We walked the beach and found some awesome shells! Obviously, if you're going to stay here, you need to rent a car, but I would recommend that anyway so you can really see the entire island. There's a restaurant on-site and there's a lovely, little Italian restaurant just across the street next to the small grocery store (which is VERY handy!!!) and there's also a Subway on-site for a quick bite before hitting the road to check out the island! We did the Stingray tour one of the days we were there and it's a MUST DO if you've never done it before! All in all, I can't wait to return to Grand Cayman and when I do, I will definitely stay at The Reef again!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Reef Resort is the only ALL BEACHFRONT, ALL SUITE RESORT WITH AN ALL-INCLUSIVE PROGRAM ON GRAND CAYMAN. The white sands of Grand Cayman are your welcome mat and the crystal clear waters are your playground. Since all of our suites are right on the beach, you'll enjoy exploring, playing, snorkeling and diving, or soaking in the beauty just steps outside your door. This East End getaway, far from the crowds, provides a truly serene tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Resort Grand Cayman
- Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End