We just returned back to SC after staying 5 nights at the Reef on the East End of Grand Cayman. All rooms are beachfront so we would walk out of our sliding glass door onto the pool deck then to the sand. We did the all inclusive meal and drink plan - best decision EVER. The food is really great. It is all from the menu and all fish is fresh and breakfast was also amazing. If we had not - our food and adult beverage bill would have been enormous because we could not get enough of the great dishes and also bar food - oh and drinks!! For all meals we sat outside at tables in the sand or at the bar where Nick and Tony kept us watered and fed. Doris is sassy and wonderfully witty. Shaker (spelled as we pronounced it) was very social and helpful. He is the night manager and was there every night to assist us with any need we had. We snorkeled every day from the Morrits dock down past the Reef dock - its a drift snorkle when you do it this way. FANTASTIC! We saw stingrays, flounder, huge tarpon, turtles, and all kinds of amazing tropical fish. Don't listen to reviews about the rocky entrance into the water. Go in and enjoy your own aquarium. We don't usually repeat destinations - but this one we will. We did scuba diving trips with Red Sail. They are very professional and are located at Morrits - just one resort down that I mentioned earlier where you begin your snorkel. Give all the staff a chance to get to know you and you will fall in love with the different personalities of each. Relax and enjoy - it's vacation. Oh and tipping never hurts. The staff works hard!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Reef Resort is the only ALL BEACHFRONT, ALL SUITE RESORT WITH AN ALL-INCLUSIVE PROGRAM ON GRAND CAYMAN. The white sands of Grand Cayman are your welcome mat and the crystal clear waters are your playground. Since all of our suites are right on the beach, you'll enjoy exploring, playing, snorkeling and diving, or soaking in the beauty just steps outside your door. This East End getaway, far from the crowds, provides a truly serene tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, TravelUp, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Resort Grand Cayman
- Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End