Go between September 7th and 14th and you will have the place to yourself. Staff are friendly and the place is meticulously maintained. Not even a burned out light bulb. Not a spot of rust. Forget the food here. The cafe makes a great omelet but that's about it. Take a pass on the buffet. You'll thank me later!
Great places nearby: Tukka for fabulous island fair and The Lighthouse to which I challenge you to find better Italian food short if going to Italy. I am Sicilian-borne and usually very critical of most Italian food. You'll thank me later.
This is our fourth trip to Cayman, we have a timeshare and family here. The decline in the island's economy is remarkable even in a year. Lot fewer cruise ships in George Town means great deals. Warning... Things are expensive here. VERY. Expensive. Also you must rent a car. You don't have a choice if you want to get around.
I've stayed at other time share trades and this,by far, is the best even though its out of the way. Bring an underwater camera because the snorkeling is terrific.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Reef Resort is the only ALL BEACHFRONT, ALL SUITE RESORT WITH AN ALL-INCLUSIVE PROGRAM ON GRAND CAYMAN. The white sands of Grand Cayman are your welcome mat and the crystal clear waters are your playground. Since all of our suites are right on the beach, you'll enjoy exploring, playing, snorkeling and diving, or soaking in the beauty just steps outside your door. This East End getaway, far from the crowds, provides a truly serene tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Resort Grand Cayman
- Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End