This was our third trip to the East End and our second stay at The Reef. Before our arrival, Daina helped us set up all of our planned activities. She was very informative and responded quickly to each of our emails. She was also able to get us discounts on some of our activities. When we arrived she had a schedule of our activities waiting for us at the concierge desk.
Our room was located on the third floor as we had requested. We were impressed with how clean the room was. Our one bedroom was spacious and had an amazing view of the ocean. This visit we decided to take the all inclusive package. Nick, Tony and Doris took care of us all week. They always greeted us with a smile and many times were preparing our drinks for us as we walked up to the bar. The all inclusive may seem on the expensive side but if you plan to eat most of your meals at the resort you will save money. The food was excellent all week. The menu is very large and even after 8 nights we were not running out of good options.
During our visit we took the 7 AM Stingray City trip with Chris though White Sands. The trip was amazing. Chris took 6 of us out and we were on the sandbar all by ourselves. He then took us to a great snorkeling spot on the reef. He told us to take as much time as we wanted at both stops. On a previous trip we had taken a larger boat out to stingray city in the afternoon. This trip was much more enjoyable.
The Reef is an extremely relaxing vacation spot. Most days we relaxed on the beach reading and spending time in the ocean. This is their slowest time of year and most days we were one of only a few couples on the beach. It almost felt like our own private getaway.
In the past we have also stayed at Morritt's. After having experienced both resorts we would always return to The Reef. The rooms are much nicer and the over all vibe of the resort is much more relaxing and guest-friendly. The staff goes out of their way to get to know you and make sure you are having a great vacation. I have no doubt that we will continue to return to The Reef in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Reef Resort is the only ALL BEACHFRONT, ALL SUITE RESORT WITH AN ALL-INCLUSIVE PROGRAM ON GRAND CAYMAN. The white sands of Grand Cayman are your welcome mat and the crystal clear waters are your playground. Since all of our suites are right on the beach, you'll enjoy exploring, playing, snorkeling and diving, or soaking in the beauty just steps outside your door. This East End getaway, far from the crowds, provides a truly serene tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Wyndham Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Resort Grand Cayman
- Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End