We were really happy that we ended up staying on this end of the island because we prefer less commercialized places when we travel. A few things to know before you go...
The kitchenette in the two lowest of the four price points is not really a kitchen but just a coffee maker, little fridge and toaster. Unfortunately we didn't realize this and stocked up on things from the grocery store upon arrival Saturday night before checking in because all the grocery stores are closed on Sunday. We had to give away food we were unable to cook without a stove or oven. We were able to make some microwave eggs and salvage a few things but hopefully this review will save you the same mistake we made.
The Barefoot Restaurant is not spectacular. We went for breakfast and wish we would have saved our money and just ordered a breakfast sandwich from the Subway for a few bucks. I ordered the breakfast tacos with a request for no meat. It took forever for the food to arrive and sure enough there was meat. Understandable mistake, but a mistake. I didn't want my husbands food to get cold so he had his breakfast and mine did not arrive until after he had finished. My husband had two cups of coffee, here coffee usually comes with refills. No big deal but would have been nice to know ahead of time they would charge 2.25CI for each. Oh well. We didn't go back for dinner!
Excellent service for maintenance. We thought the jetted tub was broken and let the front desk know. The maintenance beat us back to the room and were waiting outside by the time we got back.
We loved being on the 1st floor because we could walk right out to the beach. Just be aware that there is more traffic and noise through the day and night on the lower floor. We had a really loud family that was pretty annoying playing volleyball and other various sports on the sidewalk in front of our (wishfully peaceful) ocean view the whole trip. Security is happy to make the quiet rounds at 10pm which stopped the noise thankfully.
Great even just out front. The best snorkeling we did the whole trip was next door at the pier of the neighboring resort. Lots of big fishies!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Reef Resort is the only ALL BEACHFRONT, ALL SUITE RESORT WITH AN ALL-INCLUSIVE PROGRAM ON GRAND CAYMAN. The white sands of Grand Cayman are your welcome mat and the crystal clear waters are your playground. Since all of our suites are right on the beach, you'll enjoy exploring, playing, snorkeling and diving, or soaking in the beauty just steps outside your door. This East End getaway, far from the crowds, provides a truly serene tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Wyndham Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Resort Grand Cayman
- Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End