The Reef was a nice stay for my large family over XMas week. The resort is clearly well-run and we had no major hiccups. The rooms were comfortable and the food was pretty good (although some dishes were definitely better than others - the shrimp curry is a winner while while the lobster was over cooked). The beach is always clean and the snorkeling - particularly if you walk down towards the Morritt's and float back towards the Reef - is very nice (be careful of the current if you stray too far out - its is positively dangerous). The front desk and concierge were always helpful. Definitely recommend a stay for families - although I'm not sure I'd call this a romantic get-away spot. Yes, highly recommend a rental car since everything is a drive from the Reef, although being on the quiet side of the island, away from the congestion and hyper-activity of Seven Mile Beach is great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Reef Resort is the only ALL BEACHFRONT, ALL SUITE RESORT WITH AN ALL-INCLUSIVE PROGRAM ON GRAND CAYMAN. The white sands of Grand Cayman are your welcome mat and the crystal clear waters are your playground. Since all of our suites are right on the beach, you'll enjoy exploring, playing, snorkeling and diving, or soaking in the beauty just steps outside your door. This East End getaway, far from the crowds, provides a truly serene tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TravelUp and Agoda so you can book your Wyndham Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Resort Grand Cayman
- Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End