We stayed at the Reef Resort for 2 nights. The room was very spacious. We were there with 3 teenage sons and it provided a great space for all of us. Each room has a magnificent view. We were in #307 (A and B) which was on the top floor right above the pool. It was nice to be close to the pool but the families with young children seemed to all be there very early making it tough to sleep in and another night adults were in the hot tub late. We did have our door open to let in the ocean breezes so perhaps that issue could have been solved by keeping the door closed.
We paid a lot more to stay here than at the Comfort Suites on Seven Mile Beach where we spent the first 5 nights of our vacation. I am not sure it was worth the increased price when we were also having to pay for Internet/WiFi and for coffee/breakfast. We did save a lot by grocery shopping at Kirk's in Georgetown and not eating out while we were there. It is a great place for just lounging on the beach -plenty of beach chairs and a large beach to spread out. It was pretty windy while we were there. I read it is windier here than on the west coast of the island. That made the water murkier for snorkeling (the waves).
The bed was very soft (more so than I prefer) and the kitchen could stand to by updated (the dishwasher although working, had a rack had a lot of rust).
The way the rooms are set up would be ideal for a family traveling with grandparents-one unit with a king, full bath and kitchenette and the adjoining unit with a bedroom, 2 murphy beds, full bath and a full kitchen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Reef Resort is the only ALL BEACHFRONT, ALL SUITE RESORT WITH AN ALL-INCLUSIVE PROGRAM ON GRAND CAYMAN. The white sands of Grand Cayman are your welcome mat and the crystal clear waters are your playground. Since all of our suites are right on the beach, you'll enjoy exploring, playing, snorkeling and diving, or soaking in the beauty just steps outside your door. This East End getaway, far from the crowds, provides a truly serene tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Wyndham Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Resort Grand Cayman
- Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End