My husband and I have been going to the reef for his post-tax-season getaway for years. He loves it because you can get a room where you can walk right out the sliding glass doors onto the beach and there's pretty decent snorkeling right off the beach. I used to like it, but not so much anymore, and here's why:
1-they used to have a trimaran that was really fun to sail. No more.
2-they used to have power snorkels, which were a great way to cover a lot of ground while snorkeling. No more.
3-their bicycles are so rusty they're almost unridable and absolutely no fun to ride (they could have cost me my life, too. We were chased by five dogs the last time there, and I would not have been able to outrun them on that bike. Fortunately, they weren't there on the ride back.)
4-they used to have a guy named Apallo (yes, that's the correct spelling) who worked at the waterfront. He was always ready to play tennis or Kadima with me. He's no longer there.
5-they have a tennis court but no tennis program.
6-there is nothing going on at night on this side of the island, which is a 45-minute drive on the wrong side of the road from seven-mile beach. you can see the barefoot man just so many times, and the pre-fixe meal that comes with the show is awful.
As I said, my husband really loves this place, so reef staff, if you're reading this, please tell me you've addressed some of these concerns to give me a reason to want to come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Reef Resort is the only ALL BEACHFRONT, ALL SUITE RESORT WITH AN ALL-INCLUSIVE PROGRAM ON GRAND CAYMAN. The white sands of Grand Cayman are your welcome mat and the crystal clear waters are your playground. Since all of our suites are right on the beach, you'll enjoy exploring, playing, snorkeling and diving, or soaking in the beauty just steps outside your door. This East End getaway, far from the crowds, provides a truly serene tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers and TravelUp so you can book your Wyndham Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Resort Grand Cayman
- Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End