I Stayed at the Reef Resort early March 2014 with a seminar group so I shared a one bedroom with one of my classmates. The one bedroom accommodates up to four people, it has a king bed in the bedroom and two single beds in the living room neatly (& quite cleverly) hidden away as murphy beds in the t.v. entertainment center. The beds (even the Murphy beds) were VERY comfortable.
The room is set up very similarly to the Morritt's resort next door - they both even have a full kitchen so you can buy groceries from the express supermarket across the street and have all the utensils needed to prepare a wholesome meal.
Comparing Morritt's to the Reef, I would say that both hotels are very clean, but Reef has the most comfortable beds by far, but Morritt's restaurant is much better. On my previous stay at Morritt's, I thoroughly enjoyed the food...not so with the Reef - I ordered a red conch soup which tasted like something straight from a can (yuk) and it was loaded with vegetables and NO conch! I didn't enjoy the fish and chips either. David's restaurant at Morritt's was EXCELLENT.
If you're looking for an East End resort with a crappy restaurant but comfy beds then Reef Resort is your bet (plus if you don't like their food there's a Subway restaurant located in this resort, & an Italian restaurant across the street).
Morritt's beds aren't as comfortable but their restaurant is DEVINE, so it's all up to what is most important to you in a resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Reef Resort is the only ALL BEACHFRONT, ALL SUITE RESORT WITH AN ALL-INCLUSIVE PROGRAM ON GRAND CAYMAN. The white sands of Grand Cayman are your welcome mat and the crystal clear waters are your playground. Since all of our suites are right on the beach, you'll enjoy exploring, playing, snorkeling and diving, or soaking in the beauty just steps outside your door. This East End getaway, far from the crowds, provides a truly serene tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Wyndham Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Resort Grand Cayman
- Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End