First of all let's forget the negative reviews from the professional complainers.
We got married at The Reef 5 years ago. Since then we have just returned home from our 6th two week visit. Now planning a 3 week visit with family in August.
A lot of the previous complaints appear to be gripes over minor defects within the room. People say nothing and then complain via Tripadvisor. We have also experienced minor problems. Example: last visit the room safe had a moment and would not open. This was reported and we had someone knocking at the door within minutes to rectify the problem. Any problems no matter how big or small report it and staff will do everything reasonable within their power to resolve it. Obviously they can't change the weather which unbelievably I have read complaints about.
I have also read that the beach is rocky. It certainly is not. It is soft white sand along its whole 1600 feet length. They take great pride in the beach which is cleared of any weed and raked daily. However, certain areas below the waterline are rocky but that said there are areas which are sandy and can safely enter the water. People have suggested rock shoes. Must admit I take mine but have never used them.
Now to the staff..... It's the staff that really make this place. All very friendly and polite and most going that extra mile to make your stay happy. The only people I have witnessed being rude are some of the guests. Over the 5 years we have been been visiting the Reef many of the staff have become personal friends.
Now trying to think of something negative to say to make this review more balanced. The foyer, Bistro Restaurant and possibly main restaurant could be viewed as being dated, especially the Bistro which has now been taken out of use. I am fully aware that some major investment is about to take place around the whole resort. But saying that even now the place is a wonderful place to stay.
If you was to visit the Reef you will not be disappointed. It's about a 40 minute drive from the airport which is virtually on one road. Therefore, I would suggest a car hire. There are many hire places directly opposite the airport at reasonable prices. The last few times we have used Andys car hire. The East End where the Reef is located is quiet and peaceful but still plenty to see and do. See you in August.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Reef Resort is the only ALL BEACHFRONT, ALL SUITE RESORT WITH AN ALL-INCLUSIVE PROGRAM ON GRAND CAYMAN. The white sands of Grand Cayman are your welcome mat and the crystal clear waters are your playground. Since all of our suites are right on the beach, you'll enjoy exploring, playing, snorkeling and diving, or soaking in the beauty just steps outside your door. This East End getaway, far from the crowds, provides a truly serene tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Wyndham Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Resort Grand Cayman
- Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End