Wyndham Reef Resort
Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman(West Bay)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$163
Sunshine Suites Resort(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
US$264
US$257
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort(Seven Mile Beach)
US$586
  • Pool
The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman(Seven Mile Beach)
US$1,033
US$892
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
US$248
US$223
ComfortSuites
7 Mile Beach Resort and Club(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
US$369
TripAdvisor
Sea Palm Villas(Bodden Town)
Hotels.com
Grand Caymanian Vacations(Grand Cayman)
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
1,812 results
All reviewsrum pointbeach baracross the streeteast end of the islandstingray cityfishtime shareliquor storeseven mile beachdeluxe studiorented a carwhite sands water sportsgrand caymancaptain chrisfull kitchenall inclusive optionall inclusive plan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Booked as a timeshare exchange, we came all excited for this 1st time trip to GC! We knew we are on the other side of the island, so car rental is a must!

First impressions - great beachfront property! We stayed for a week and like others have said, it was adequate - rooms, staff did great. Houskeeping on tues and thurs, just to get new towels. There's not much we can do about the beach being un-swimmable. And food and drinks at the resort was a given. We cooked most days and ate out for dinner.

They lost out on the amenities as everything was being charged.

WIFI -Some people don't care for internet access but this is the first time I had to pay for wifi. Being out on the farther end of the island, it would help alot for driving directions, And all of my reservations I needed to check through emails, I was bummed to have to pay $12 per day! (There was an option to pay $40 a week) By midweek, I learned that the Google maps app had built in GPS, it was helpful to our daily trips to georgetown (where the roads are super confusing if read off a generic map) and to my favorite swimming hideout Rum point (just 15-20 minutes away!)

Overall, we got by! Got tourist information through the flyers, and by asking around and because I had a few leads through tripAdvisor before we arrived. (Whew) Really plan ahead which ones you would really love to try. The East side has ALOT to offer as far as food - Eagle Rays Dive bar and Grill, Tukka, Capt Herman's for local fish fry, Over the Edge on the way to Rum Point! And yes, they have a nearby small supermarket to get you through the night. If you can hold off on the bigger Foster's by the airport!

Props for efforts to liven up the place with BBQ Mondays, Karaoke Nights, and Outdoor Movie nights, especially there's really nothing much to do at night! Staff were very helpful and polite.

But none of this was enough to dislike Grand Cayman! Their beaches were free! Hop off to check out the Blowholes? Hangout with sting-rays? Catch a starfish and pet the turtles! Local fish fry is to die for! (Capt Herman's fritters!! Tukka!) We will be back but switch out and skip the car rental at the 7 mile beach area next time!

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms are better as far as access to beach, but upper rooms offer great views!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Krizia F
EmilyR_TheReef, Manager at Wyndham Reef Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Krizia F,

Thank you for your review of our property and in general your stay in Grand Cayman.

We are glad you were able to discover the island by experience the many beaches and its wonders from turtles, to starfish and our loving stingrays. At the same time we are sorry to hear that you felt our property to be too quiet, we are known for the peace and quiet so our guests can relax and unwind but do appreciate your feedback on our activities as feedback like yours will only help us improve our services and amenities.

Many thanks & greetings from Grand Cayman,

Reviewed 12 July 2014

This resort is adequate, but we did not find it to be consistent with the excellent reviews it gets. To begin with, we had called after making our reservation to request a ground floor room which they agreed to. Upon arrival, they had put us in a 2nd floor "upgrade" which was not what we needed. Restaurant is expensive with the slowest service imaginable for very average food. Opt for others that are in the area - Tukka and The Lighthouse instead. Forgot to make up our room one day and all we got when we called the front desk was a pile of fresh towels an hour later - no offer to make up the bed or clean the room. The hot tub is useless - most of the jets don't work or are too weak to move the water at all. Most disappointing was the snorkeling that they claim is right off the beach. As avid, seasoned snorkelers, we found all that is there are patches of sea grass with a few fish. Maybe ok for a beginner, but hardly real snorkeling. Entry from the beach is challenging doe to a very rocky bottom. Much nicer beach up the road at Rum Point. Concierge pushed attending a sales presentation on buying a time share immediately upon arrival, then again the next day even though we were not interested. No free wifi even in the lobby. And the worst was that we were awakened two mornings by hammering or construction sounds in an adjacent unit, both days at around 8:15 am! We would not return to this resort.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Pat R
EmilyR_TheReef, Manager at Wyndham Reef Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Pat R,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please accept my deepest apology for the experience you had due to the noise from the adjacent unit. I apologize for the inconvenience and I'm sorry that it negatively affected your stay. I also apologize that the room upgrade was not satisfactory and that the service you received from our staff fell below your expectations.

We thank you again for your feedback as this can only help us improve and make things better. We are preparing to go through a renovation and we continue to train our staff to make sure we deliver high quality service. I do hope that you give us another chance to change your impression. I am confident that if you returned you would have a more memorable and pleasurable experience.

Best regards,

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My family of 5 and I stayed at The Reef over the 4th of July weekend. We had a lovely time. The 2 bedroom condo provided ample room for the 5 of us, and we probably could have gotten away with just using the 1 bedroom as the living room has 2 twin murphy beds, however the extra space is always nice.
The balcony on our 3rd floor rooms was awesome and also ample.
The beach is large, secluded, and has walk out snorkeling. You'll want to swim out as soon as possible as it's rocky, maybe bring water shoes.
The food was average and pricey. Fortunately there is a grocery across the street and the kitchen was well equipped.
The heart of this resort is the bar. It's very social and we had a great, if unexpected, time.

After having primarily vacationed in Southeast Asia for the past several years this environment was rather shocking. It's very expensive. The cab ride from one side of the island to the other was US $150, for a family of 5. Food is expensive. Activities are expensive. There is not much to do other than the main attractions (which are all located on the other side of the island) snorkeling, and diving. After 5 days at The Reef, and Grand Cayman I was done.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Liz A
EmilyR_TheReef, Manager at Wyndham Reef Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Liz A,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor about theReef Resort. We are very pleased to read that you had a lovely vacation with your family and enjoyed your time with us discovering the underwater world by snorkeling, enjoying the nice views, walks on the beach and the atmosphere at our bar.

Greetings from your friends at theReef Resort!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I went to the Grand Caymans for the first time June 21st. When you deposit your week and put in for a trade, you never really know what you are going to get. Well, we were more than happy with the Reef. The location is awesome. Private, peaceful. The rooms are clean. Everyone at the resort was very nice.The beach bar is really nice, good food, good drinks. The beach is beautiful there. And the snorkling right there is awesome. Our main timeshare is Bluebeards beach club in St.Thomas and we loved staying at the Reef as much as Bluebeards. We put it up there with that. We loved the Caymans more than St.Martin,Punta Cana, Bahamas. The snorkling there, and I mean all over the Island was great. Our timeshare is Wyndham and we found out while we were there, that the Reef partnered with Wyndham. That made us so excited. We truely are looking to going back to the Reef. It was a wonderful,Blessed week there. Hope you give it a chance. When some people and even other reviews would say how expensive it is to go there. Well, just budget yourself right and it works out just fine. We had a full kitchen, so we did some meals in. nIt was one of the best vacations my husband and I did.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms. All the rooms are oceanfront. AWESOME !!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ShelleyG1018
EmilyR_TheReef, Manager at Wyndham Reef Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear ShelleyG1018,

Many thanks for your review on theReef Resort. We are so happy to hear that you had a great experience and received excellent service from all of our team members. We are also very glad you were able to take advantage of the private, peaceful beach with exceptional snorkeling just in front of our resort.

We hope it's not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I finally have a moment to review the Reef Resort. Our trip was the week of May 24-31, 2014. My wife and I celebrated our 20th Anniversary with a trip the Cayman Islands. I am so glad that we picked the Reef Resort on the East end of the Island. Check in was easy and staffers were very accommodating. All the rooms were facing the water. It was quiet and beautiful. We stayed in a one bedroom suite. Perfect for our needs. It had a full kitchen living room w/ hide-away beds, dining area and separate bedroom with king size bed. All very clean and updated. We had the bottom floor which was very convenient not having to take the stairs or the elevator. There is 3 levels. The common areas...pool beach walkways...etc were kept up and maintained everyday. There was never a problem getting a lounge chair or a spot at one of the two pools. The beach bar serves all different kinds of drinks and also has food.

They do have entertainment and something going on every night. Our favorite thing to do was to walk to the dock and lok at the fish...even saw a sea turtle or two. We also did a jet excursion which was awesome. The Jet skis and other rental are located on the the property.

Just a note about the beach: Most of the beach is made up of coral and is great for snorkeling. there are parts that you can go in without swim shoes but I would wear them. I personally liked the beach there.

The food at the Resort was good. I am glad that we did not do the all-inclusive. Only because there are so many great restaurants in the area. There is a food and a liquor store right across the road along with a gift shop and an Italian restaurant ( which was very good).

I do recommend renting a car. Even though you drive on the left (England) you get use to it pretty fast and the price for cars are relatively cheap as compared to taxis and shuttles. We never went to seven mile Beach we stayed mainly on the East end. There was plenty to do within 20 min of this resort.

Looking at all the reviews for this resort I think they are pretty accurate.

Room Tip: I would choose a ground floor room....There isn't much difference in view from the 2nd and 3rd floor. Also a room closer to main pool is convenient. All the rooms are great!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jman62

Dear jman62,

Thank you for your review of theReef Resort, for sharing your experience and opinion which we highly value. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and found our location and amenities well-suited for your needs.

It sounds like you had a great time and we hope to welcome you back soon in the near future.

Greetings from your friends at theReef Resort!