I am just getting around to reviewing the Reef until now. Of course I've been busy, but mainly I did not realize the greatness of this place until now. I think back to the fond memories of my vacation in Grand Cayman, and mostly this was due to the Reef Resort. The Reef Resort was the start to my vacation. We stayed at the Reef for 4 nights. After the Reef, we made our way to Seven Mile where we stayed for the remainder of our vacation. Let's not underestimate the greatness of this place. It is isolated from the hustle and bustle of Seven Mile and Georgetown, but this is what makes it so special. In addition to its quiet location, settled on a wonderful beach, is the cleanliness of the rooms. The room was immaculate upon check-in. Check-in was speedy and before we knew it we were settled into our room. We had a 1 bedroom room with the pull-out murphy beds (where the kids slept). It was nice to have the privacy of our own room and the kids enjoyed the murphy beds. The air conditioner in the room kept the room the perfect temp. The first night we arrived the reef was having dinner on the beach. It was so nice to sit and relax in a family atmosphere and eat our dinner overlooking the ocean. The peer is a nice place to take a stroll during the evening with your loved one. There is a small grocery store right across the street where you can get some food to cook in your room. The kitchen came with everything we needed; aside from dish soap to wash with and paper towels, so I would pack some from home instead of buying new stuff when you arrive. We cooked breakfast everyday and enjoyed it on the balcony. The only issue with the balcony was that we had to share one with our neighbor, but it was not a big deal. We also used the laundry facilities while we were there, which was a nice convenience. If I ever return to Grand Cayman I will stay at the Reef. It was one of the most relaxing vacations I've ever had. Thanks Reef!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Reef Resort is the only ALL BEACHFRONT, ALL SUITE RESORT WITH AN ALL-INCLUSIVE PROGRAM ON GRAND CAYMAN. The white sands of Grand Cayman are your welcome mat and the crystal clear waters are your playground. Since all of our suites are right on the beach, you'll enjoy exploring, playing, snorkeling and diving, or soaking in the beauty just steps outside your door. This East End getaway, far from the crowds, provides a truly serene tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Resort Grand Cayman
- Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End