First of all the wind was not an issue. In fact it's so hot there that the breeze is what makes it bearable. I too read in many reviews that the wind was an issue, but honestly we did not experience that.
The resort itself is beautiful and the rooms are great. The units right on the main floor with beach access right out the sliding doors are the best. We did not have a full kitchen, but did quite well with the microwave, toaster & coffee maker. Nice bathroom with a fantastic shower . The little strip mall across the road is a lifesaver.
Don't go to any of the welcome parties, free breakfasts, or gatherings like that. That's where they get you to attend a timeshare meeting with one of the salespeople. If we wouldn't have attended the welcome party, we probably would have slipped by their radar. Our salesman was very nice until it was clear to him that we were not interested, and then was a little flippant.
If you are coming to the Cayman's to just stay at a resort and relax, then this is the place for you. You can certainly swim & snorkel right out in front of the resort contrary to what some reviewers have said. There is some sea grass, but there are lots of spaces that are clear. The Rum Point beach (20 minute drive) is awesome and has a nice bar & grill. You can spend the whole day there. Seven Mile Beach (45 min) is by far the best beach to swim & snorkel. Stay away from Georgetown unless you're very wealthy. We were glad we rented a car.
Good Restaurants are: Over The Edge, The Lighthouse, & Portofino.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Reef Resort is the only ALL BEACHFRONT, ALL SUITE RESORT WITH AN ALL-INCLUSIVE PROGRAM ON GRAND CAYMAN. The white sands of Grand Cayman are your welcome mat and the crystal clear waters are your playground. Since all of our suites are right on the beach, you'll enjoy exploring, playing, snorkeling and diving, or soaking in the beauty just steps outside your door. This East End getaway, far from the crowds, provides a truly serene tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Wyndham Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Resort Grand Cayman
- Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End