My wife and I just returned from a week at the Reef. We were very pleased with the resort, would recommend it and would likely return. It may not be for everybody, but it depends what you want.
We were looking for a quiet, boutique-size, beachfront hotel, and the Reef was exactly what we hoped for. The East end is very quiet, so if you're looking for nightlife and choice of restaurants it's not that.
The beach is gorgeous, and they rake it every morning. Lots of beach chairs, never crowded and the water is great for snorkelling right there. You will never get tired of the view from the balconies. It is quite windy on the East side (although I am an avid windsurfer, so for me this was good), but be aware of that.
What really struck me was the cleanliness and newness of the room, (the ironic upside of post-hurricane construction). The bathroom was spotless, the fixtures new, and I only wish my tiles and grout were as clean at home. The Reef seems to have done a great job in reconstruction, whereas the resort next door is still rebuilding. Something to do with timing of insurance money I'm told. We made our breakfast and lunch in the room (Studio). We drove a couple of nights to Georgetown for different restaurants, our favourite was Pappagallos's. The restaurant at the Reef is average, and we ended up eating more at the beach-bar with post-happy hour burgers or sandwichs. Barefoot man is worth seeing one night over dinner. We did the stingray trip with Ecoventures, it was a lot of fun and unique, and they do a good job (small boat, good gear, and they plan around the cruiseship visits, etc..)All in all, we were really happy with the Reef, and we were glad we booked there. Although it's in all the reviews, it is still amazing the destruction that Huricane Ivan did, and apart from the hotels, the island really has not fully recovered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Reef Resort is the only ALL BEACHFRONT, ALL SUITE RESORT WITH AN ALL-INCLUSIVE PROGRAM ON GRAND CAYMAN. The white sands of Grand Cayman are your welcome mat and the crystal clear waters are your playground. Since all of our suites are right on the beach, you'll enjoy exploring, playing, snorkeling and diving, or soaking in the beauty just steps outside your door. This East End getaway, far from the crowds, provides a truly serene tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Resort Grand Cayman
- Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End