I'd experienced a difficult year, loss of job, death in the family, and just needed a complete r&r getaway. Someplace that was beautiful, peaceful, where nothing was difficult or high-maintenance. It was my first time at The Reef - my co-worker and friend came with me, we stayed in a one-bedroom condo.
Yes, every room has an ocean view! The water is gorgeous, and the snorkelling great. The staff is so well chosen. The sharp efficiency of theReef’s staff, added to their warmth and sincere love of each other and their job, makes for a seamless experience – we felt truly cared for and at home! The food is great, and all the returning owner members were so welcoming as well.
We didn't rent a car and were perfectly happy. Fun games, yoga, water sports -- all were offered. Buffets good, and loved Beach Bar food - fish taco wrap and caesar salad with mahi excellent! Yoga with Lindsey is wonderful. Many thanks to Apollo, Alan, Sam, Laura, Susie, Cathy, Tanya, Seby......I have never experienced such a fun-loving and top-notch bunch of employees. They sincerely love what they do and it shows! And in my very raw state, they were so kind and helpful.
Stingray City was amazing. Glad I brought water shoes, as the beach is rocky for sensitive types like myself : ) We enjoyed homemade smoothies in our room and simple lunches (saved $$) and ate dinner out every night. If you are into bars and mingling, this is not your place. But for relaxing and renewing the spirit, this is the best vacation I've had in my life, and I've travelled many places.
Our room was spotless, and nothing was a problem to deal with. As Apollo says, "No grief at The Reef, Mon!"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Reef Resort is the only ALL BEACHFRONT, ALL SUITE RESORT WITH AN ALL-INCLUSIVE PROGRAM ON GRAND CAYMAN. The white sands of Grand Cayman are your welcome mat and the crystal clear waters are your playground. Since all of our suites are right on the beach, you'll enjoy exploring, playing, snorkeling and diving, or soaking in the beauty just steps outside your door. This East End getaway, far from the crowds, provides a truly serene tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Wyndham Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Resort Grand Cayman
- Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End