The Reef is truly an outstanding resort! The rooms were extremely clean and had a beautiful view (only feet from the beach!). The staff were very friendly and were helpful with planning activities, rental cars, and dinner reservations.
The resort is on the East End of the Island otherwise known as "the quiet side" so a rental car is a must! There are so many amazing things to see on the island: the blow holes (south side), botanical gardens, rum point, sting ray city(Red Sail Tours), Hell, turtle farm, and much more. There are two restaurants that I highly recommend: Portofinos and the Kaibo Yacht Club. Both restaurants have wonderful food for a reasonable price. But if you want to cook in, there is a great little grocery store across the street called Fosters with a pretty good selection of food. If you are looking for exercise, there is a great gym across the street run by one of the staff.
If you stay at the Reef, the staff already has some activities planned at the resort. Here are a few-
Sunday- Orientation Breakfast (enjoy a great breakfast, meet the staff, and hear about the week's activities)
Tuesday- Sting Ray City and Barefoot Man during the evening
Water Aerobics (some week days)
At noon everyday, a man feeds the fish off the dock
The Reef Resort is perfect if you don't want to be in a busy area! 7 mile beach is very busy... there are tons of hotels, shops, restaurants, and people squished onto a tiny beach. When I went over to 7 mile beach, I found it quite overwhelming. If you are looking for a clean resort, beautiful beaches, plenty of things to do, and some relaxation: stay at the Reef Resort!
Travel Advisors, Inc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Reef Resort is the only ALL BEACHFRONT, ALL SUITE RESORT WITH AN ALL-INCLUSIVE PROGRAM ON GRAND CAYMAN. The white sands of Grand Cayman are your welcome mat and the crystal clear waters are your playground. Since all of our suites are right on the beach, you'll enjoy exploring, playing, snorkeling and diving, or soaking in the beauty just steps outside your door. This East End getaway, far from the crowds, provides a truly serene tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Wyndham Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Resort Grand Cayman
- Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End