This was our second visit to the Reef Resort. The first visit was in 2002 when the property was only 2 years old. In 2004, resort had millions of dollars in damage from Hurricane Ivan. The resort is in beautiful condition. The property is clean and well-maintained. Many of the rooms are beach-front. Our room (a studio) was in excellent shape- everything looked new. The beach and pool were clean and inviting. The only evidence of Ivan's destruction were the new palm trees planted to replace those destroyed by the hurricane. Several larger palms remained that provided comfort and shade from the sun. The staff and management were welcoming and professional.
The resort is in the East End of the island- quite a nice change from the hussle and bussle of Georgetown and 7 Mile Beach. We were looking for peace and quiet and were not dissappointed.
The drive from Georgetown to the resort is interesting and beautiful taking you through several of the districts (towns) on the island where many of the Caymanians live, work, and play. The drive gives you a real sense of island life and the resiliency of the people after the devasation of the hurricane.
The Reef Resort is a peaceful, beautiful property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Reef Resort is the only ALL BEACHFRONT, ALL SUITE RESORT WITH AN ALL-INCLUSIVE PROGRAM ON GRAND CAYMAN. The white sands of Grand Cayman are your welcome mat and the crystal clear waters are your playground. Since all of our suites are right on the beach, you'll enjoy exploring, playing, snorkeling and diving, or soaking in the beauty just steps outside your door. This East End getaway, far from the crowds, provides a truly serene tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Wyndham Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Resort Grand Cayman
- Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End