we stayed there because it was off the beaten track, like the caribbean was 20 years ago. the facilities were great! we stayed in a one bedroom which hosted a king bed, large dining and living area (with pull down murphy beds, great for kids), deck over looking the ocean and full kitchen. Across the street was a full market and within the resort, a liquor store. We liked to have breakfast on our deck over looking the water. Fantastic snorkeling right off the beach! As for swimming, it is rocky, but, calm. It's quiet and relaxing there, with great food. And, you can use the BBQ facilities there. The beach was practically empty. Go to Rum point on NON cruise days for a fun day and snorkeling. Diving is top notch as well as snorkeling. Do a private fishing/sailing charter if you can on the weekends, when the cruise ships are not in. We recommend John-Michael... we'll go back for the fishing, sailing and water sports! And, we'll stay at Reef Resort. A word of note: Maid service is twice weekly. But, they provide fresh towels and dump trash daily. This is a condo resort, not an all inclusive or hotel resort. Plan accordingly. If you want all of that and the mega crowds, stay at 7 mile beach, which is PACKED with commericalism.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Reef Resort is the only ALL BEACHFRONT, ALL SUITE RESORT WITH AN ALL-INCLUSIVE PROGRAM ON GRAND CAYMAN. The white sands of Grand Cayman are your welcome mat and the crystal clear waters are your playground. Since all of our suites are right on the beach, you'll enjoy exploring, playing, snorkeling and diving, or soaking in the beauty just steps outside your door. This East End getaway, far from the crowds, provides a truly serene tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Expedia, TravelUp, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Resort Grand Cayman
- Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End