Wyndham Reef Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman(West Bay)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$173
Grand Caymanian Vacations(Grand Cayman)(Great Value!)
US$172
TripAdvisor
Sunshine Suites Resort(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$250
The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman(Seven Mile Beach)
US$1,053
US$983
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort(Seven Mile Beach)
US$590
US$496
  • Pool
Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
US$300
US$260
ComfortSuites
7 Mile Beach Resort and Club(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
US$369
US$619
US$564
US$368
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,814 results
All reviewsrum pointbeach baracross the streeteast end of the islandstingray cityfishtime shareliquor storeseven mile beachdeluxe studiorented a carwhite sands water sportsgrand caymancaptain chrisfull kitchenall inclusive optionall inclusive plan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 December 2010

This is a lovely resort on a nice beach but very far from restaurants and activities. 7 Mile Beach has great restaurants, a much better beach and is not as windy. This side of the island is very windy. This was my first time staying on this side of the island and I would not do it again, even though the resort is very nice. There is a small market near by, but it is a 45 minute drive to 7 Mile Beach. If you want options for eating and a beautiful beach, stay at 7 Mile Beach. The resort is expensive and for the price you would expect to have free Wi-Fi in the rooms, but they charge. For the price, there are better options.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank phillinda
Reviewed 29 December 2010

Good points: Rooms are clean and well appointed. Facing the beach is nice.
Bad points: I always prefer a remote location, but the beach is here is not nearly as nice as other parts of the island. Ended up driving to Seven Mile Beach every day, which is a waste of two hours. The beach at the hotel is narrow, windy, full of seaweed.
While the quality of the bar food was better than I'd anticipated, service was spotty. Continental breakfast was really inadequate.
Check in was slow, unwelcoming.
The lobby is totally geared toward people buying there. This place just doesn't feel special.

• Stayed: December 2010
3  Thank NYCLizzie
Reviewed 24 December 2010

We rented a car so we could visit the entire island. Even though we had to drive 45 minutes to get to Seven Mile Beach and the aiport from our hotel, we liked staying in the quiet part of the island.

Our room sat right on the beach facing the ocean (as all the rooms do), brand new looking and spotlessly clean. The hotel was fine except for the last two nights of our stay, the next door guests held long, loud parties late into the night that disturbed our sleep.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TallTannedTravelers
Reviewed 18 December 2010

My wife and I recently had our wedding at The Reef. We had 25 quests and everyone was all-inclusive. Going into this trip I had my reservations as to whether my idea of all-inclusive was their idea of all-inclusive. Their idea blew mine away. We ate like kings and drank so much the bar had to restock. On top of that the watersports were all included. The guys at Whitesands were fun and very helpful pointing out what to do and not to do.
Our wedding was fantastic. It was in the sand, set up beautifully and the waiting staff did an excellent job. Linda, our coordinator was a blast to work with. She thought of every last detail. She set up the perfect minister for us, knew all the secrets to making the most of the time we had and just kept coming up with extras I never expected. Rebecca, our photographer, was top notch. She knew all the best shots and got the photos to us in two days. Incredible. I cannot put in words how happy we are with The Reef.
I have put together many trips in days from drunken cruises to smashed ski excursions. There is always a catch or some low point. This trip was epic. Everyone had fun and was well taken care of. From the staff to the worldly bartenders, this place rocks. Thank you Collin, Nick, Tony, Sammy, Sandy and Mikey. (the reason i put a low score for sleep was because I was up drinking with these people all night, lol) The people always make the trip and these people rock. I was afraid that at checkout that might all change, not a single problem. AMAZING.
This was our first trip to Grand Cayman, we are coming back every year and this is where we are coming.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2010

Our family (children ages 16, 13, 11) visited Grand Cayman for the first time and spent a quick 5 days at The Reef. Loved the location & surroundings. Stayed in spacious 2 room suite on 2nd floor facing the ocean. Slept with balcony doors open & listened to the waves. Woke up to the rising sun and (usually) empty beach. It was very quiet & beautiful. We rented a car and drove ALL around the island (Kaibo Grill, bio-luminessence kayaking, stingray city, snorkeling on the North Side; Makabuku's, Dolphin Cove on the West End; Yoshi's Sushi and Caymana Bay in Georgetown). After seeing the island, we were happy we were staying on the quieter East End vs. the busy 7 Mile Beach Area, but it really just depends on what kind of vacation you enjoy. Kitchen is fully equipped. Ate breakfast at the resort, lunch/snacks in our room and dinner someplace new every night. Towels were changed daily, beds made daily, trash removed daily. I did the dishes myself but didn't mind (I'd rather know that they are really clean!). Some of the staff are more reserved (front desk), others very laid back & friendly ("Apollo" at Whitesand Sports). No one was rude. Overall the staff is not as polished as in some of the big city Marriotts and Ritz Carltons, but since we were staying on the more relaxed East End, we figured it came with the surroundings. We had a great time snorkeling right off the beach. Weather was cool by island standards but great for us Midwesterners! We are already planning our next visit and will definitely stay on the East End at the Reef Resort!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family