My husband & I wanted to get away to celebrate the New Year. We choose the Reef based on the other reviews stating that it is quite because we wanted to get away from the hussle & bussle of life. This resort is about 45 minutes away from the airport. You should get a rental car (careful you will drive on the opposite side of the road if used to North America)because the taxi is about $50 one way and chances are you are going to want to come back to town at some point. Their New Years celebration was perfect, great food, music and fireworks all on the beach. Staff was very pleasant over all & the room was very clean & quiet. Beds were plesant & plenty of pillows. Drawbacks? Not sure if it was the time of year, but this side of the island was extremely windy, so much so that you had to wear long sleeves to be comfortable. Pools were ok, but the whirlpools were yellow and it wasn't even that busy. We never were able to find the spa or get a hold of them to book anything. Strangest thing - we kept hearing dogs barking in the maintenance room, Big dogs. The next morning a local drove up with a truck filled with wooden boxes with breathing holes and each box was filled with mean barking dogs. The dogs were "fighting" dogs for sport and someone on the staff was keeping the dogs in the maintenance room. That was it for me - beach too windy, nothing to do other than sit by the pool or beach, whirlpools yellow, no spa service...we booked for a week and checked out after two days...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Reef Resort is the only ALL BEACHFRONT, ALL SUITE RESORT WITH AN ALL-INCLUSIVE PROGRAM ON GRAND CAYMAN. The white sands of Grand Cayman are your welcome mat and the crystal clear waters are your playground. Since all of our suites are right on the beach, you'll enjoy exploring, playing, snorkeling and diving, or soaking in the beauty just steps outside your door. This East End getaway, far from the crowds, provides a truly serene tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Resort Grand Cayman
- Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End