We just returned from 9 nights at the Reef. We have stayed at many 5 star resorts but for this trip is was more important for me to book at a quiet resort with a guarnteed beachfront room. I thought this place was great for what we paid (got a great rate on Orbitz). It is more like a 4 star. We had a one bedroom suite with a walk out to the beach which was great for my young kids. Full kitchen, equiped with everything you need. Yes, the cleaning staff didn't do a great job. I didn't realize they don't clean the room on a daily basis - makes sense now. They kept bringing towels, and washing the odd glass I forgot to put in the dishwasher so maybe they should let people know it is not fully cleaned everyday. But it was fine with me, The snorkelling off the beach was good. I actually saw a 5ft Black Tip Reef Shark while snorkelling near the end of the pier. One previous post mentioned dogs. I never heard them barking but saw the guy with the dogs in the truck one morning. I asked him what they were for - and he said night security. It actually made me feel better as we were at the end of the third building - further from the front desk. The staff was great. Linera helped out with my room, I think the woman at the front desk was Michelle and she was alwaysquite pleasant. I liked the restaurants. Jerk Chicken pizza and Egg Rolls were great. I loved Tukka down the road - Chef Ron was awesome and great Lobster. Fosters and the liquor store across the street was really handy. We had a car and drove to SMB and Rum point a few times. Yes we had some windy days - that's why is was great having a car. Our last day there was no wind but super hot. The wind was actually a good thing. Pools were great - yes hot tub a bit yellow. Internet was available at a cost. I didn't go to the gym but saw it throught the window and looked pretty good.Would totally return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Reef Resort is the only ALL BEACHFRONT, ALL SUITE RESORT WITH AN ALL-INCLUSIVE PROGRAM ON GRAND CAYMAN. The white sands of Grand Cayman are your welcome mat and the crystal clear waters are your playground. Since all of our suites are right on the beach, you'll enjoy exploring, playing, snorkeling and diving, or soaking in the beauty just steps outside your door. This East End getaway, far from the crowds, provides a truly serene tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Resort Grand Cayman
- Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End