I booked "Simply Romance All Inclusive package" for 7 days for my wife and I. I am working in Afghanistan and during December I came home for my 6 month break. My wife and I looked for over 2 months and we finally decided on The Reef after seeing all the great reviews. I tell you we were not disappointed.
We flew into Grand Cayman on Cayman Airways, and as soon as we took off they were offering us Rum Punch. You quickly realize that is the official drink of the islands. The airport is fairly small which is a warm welcome compared to Atlanta and Maimi. Its real easy to get to and out of. We rented a car which I highly recommend reserving when you make book your stay.
The drive to the resort is only about 45 minutes from the airport. Its real easy to find, because there is only one main road that runs along the southern coast of the island. Its a nice drive that has great views of the water. Plenty of picture taking opportunities along the way.
The room was plenty big for my wife and I. The jacuzzi tube was a nice way to relax in private. The view from our room was increditable! I've included a picture of the view from our balcony. The room and resort were very clean and well kept. The only draw back to the entire resort was the bed, it was VERY firm. If you like firm beds, your in luck.
We choose the "Simply All-Inclusive" plan because I heard that dining was expensive. We were very worried that the quality of the food was going to be lower because we were all-inclusives. I thought we might have to settle for buffets every night, but were pleasantly surprised that we could order a la carte for every meal. I did budget some money that we could us to eat at other places on the island, but we found the food was just as good at the resort. I would suggest you tip the wait staff, as they make VERY little money off all-inclusives and they work very hard. Everyone was very helpful and if we didn't like something, they exchanged it.
The concierge staff is also very helpfull. Thanks Lindsey (I'm know I'm mispelling your name). We did a lot while we were there. We took an hour helicopter tour of the island, we took a day tour to one of the other islands, Cayman Brac, we took a dive on a underwater submarine, toured the botanical garderns. The one thing that everyone needs to do is Stingray City. That was probably one thing I will never forget. The rays are in their natural habitat, not a pool like the dolphins.
The weather is not the best in the winter months, lots of wind and overcast skies. But we came from 6 inches of snow and sub freezing temps, so anything about 60 was an improvement.
Just on case I didn't convince you otherwise, I would recommend The Reef and I look forward to going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Reef Resort is the only ALL BEACHFRONT, ALL SUITE RESORT WITH AN ALL-INCLUSIVE PROGRAM ON GRAND CAYMAN. The white sands of Grand Cayman are your welcome mat and the crystal clear waters are your playground. Since all of our suites are right on the beach, you'll enjoy exploring, playing, snorkeling and diving, or soaking in the beauty just steps outside your door. This East End getaway, far from the crowds, provides a truly serene tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Wyndham Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Resort Grand Cayman
- Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End