We were here for our 2nd wedding anniversary decided to stay at this resort since we had read good reviews for snorkeling. Unfortunately it rained during our stay and the water was very rough. Did try snorkeling but got pulled into the dock and the reef was pretty much covered in sand. huge shells and a couple of colorful fish but didn't really get to appreciate it. We were mainly at the pool by the lobby since it was cleaned early in the morning. There were not many people there.
Room: was clean and had access to the pool. believe their rooms are all ocean-view. They had a microwave and kitchen ware like plates glass cups, mugs spoons etc. Beds were comfortable. Tv was ok we only used to get updated with weather info.
Food & Beverages: We did get a complementary continental break feast for one day which was great. They had good oatmeal, fruit, pastries etc. The prices at the restaurant a la cart were sky rocking prices so we just went to the little mart across the street purchased t.g.i Fridays hot wings and other things that we were able to heat on the microwave provided in the room. We usually get the all inclusive package but it was too expensive here plus the waiter we had the 1st night we were there took for ever to take our order for drinks so we decided to just get a pizza vs the lobster tail and fillet minion. Drinks are pretty much 10us dollars. For the amount of money you pay here you can easily go to Jamaica all inclusive and don't have to worry about extra tabs. We understand that everything is imported but if they had better service people would not mind spending their money.
Location: This resort is away from everything its on the opposite side of the island literally. Its sort of disturbing to see that everything is on sale there are many signs of Realty State and abandoned properties.
Overall we were disappointed but tried to make the best out of it. Would we give a second chance... probably not. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Reef Resort is the only ALL BEACHFRONT, ALL SUITE RESORT WITH AN ALL-INCLUSIVE PROGRAM ON GRAND CAYMAN. The white sands of Grand Cayman are your welcome mat and the crystal clear waters are your playground. Since all of our suites are right on the beach, you'll enjoy exploring, playing, snorkeling and diving, or soaking in the beauty just steps outside your door. This East End getaway, far from the crowds, provides a truly serene tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Resort Grand Cayman
- Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End