First the good:
Awesome room, big and airy and clean, gorgeous views of course, for me location was ideal but you def will need a rental car. It's super quite serene and romantic. I didn't spend any time at the beach there, much better options a short drive away. if you are OK with driving around, reef is great.
Great having a grocery across street since hotel food is crap.
Excellent room rates, no surprise charges, friendly staff.
My balcony was shared, NOT private, this was a HUGE BUMMER and I felt very deceived by the website. Hard to have a romantic evening knowing my neighbors could walk on to my side of the balcony at any second. I complained and asked to be moved multiple times and was basically blown off. Kinda ruined my evenings to have to have the door locked and curtains closed every night.
The Staff was nice, but didn't resolve in any way the balcony issue, and a few other issues such as no remote for the dvd player, etc. That was very frustrating.
The bed is AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL. The worst, my back is killing me.
The food is terrible and WAY overpriced. The "free" breakfast is crap, I ended up making breakfast in my room everyday. The bar however is great, super friendly bartenders, average prices, nice being able to get a drink at the end of the day. Don't waste your money on the food though, I almost puked after eating one bite of the gross chewy lobster salad ew.
Overall, it was an excellent trip, I would stay at the reef again in a heartbeat if they had better beds, and actually gave me a private balcony as promised.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Reef Resort is the only ALL BEACHFRONT, ALL SUITE RESORT WITH AN ALL-INCLUSIVE PROGRAM ON GRAND CAYMAN. The white sands of Grand Cayman are your welcome mat and the crystal clear waters are your playground. Since all of our suites are right on the beach, you'll enjoy exploring, playing, snorkeling and diving, or soaking in the beauty just steps outside your door. This East End getaway, far from the crowds, provides a truly serene tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Wyndham Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Resort Grand Cayman
- Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End