We stayed at Morritts Tortuga Club for a week in June 2013. We had an enjoyable time. The building we were in was without an elevator and we were on the third floor. The stairs were loose and became very slick when it rained. The room was a two bedroom that we shared with another couple. The common areas were large and nicely appointed. The internet was unreliable and you are charged for each device that you connect with, so if you want to connect your phone and laptop you will pay for two connections. We have been around the Caribbean and thought that we might have found an inexpensive location for our vacations. This didn't work out as we were charged for things such as electricity in the room. We were also charged taxes that aren't disclosed prior to our arrival. We did enjoy a couple of meals at the restaurant. The price wasn't bad and was offset by the convenience. There is a local grocery store within walking distance that is fun to shop at and in the same plaza are a couple of decent restaurants. The resort was doing construction the entire time we were there. They seemed to be considerate about the hours but the constant hammering of an impact hammer (jackhammer) caused a distraction from the quiet ambiance while were relaxing on the beach or at one of their nicely maintained pools. The buildings are in need of sprucing up and it would be great if they would install elevators for each of their buildings. As divers we had a lot of gear that we had to carry up and down the stairs numerous times. We enjoyed being on the "quiet side" of Grand Cayman and may consider staying on that side again but we would investigate other resorts.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Morritts Tortuga Club and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Morritt`s Tortuga Club Hotel East End
- Morritt`s Tortuga Club And Resort
- Morritt's Tortuga Club Resort Grand Cayman
- Morritts Tortuga Club And Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End