I’ve just spent 3 weeks at Morritt’s resort and had a wonderful time.
The accommodation is very well appointed with everything you would need to use, is there.
We stayed in Wealdstone block room numbers in block are 4000. Numbers to stay at are 4000, 6000 and 7000 these are all ocean view. We stayed on the top floor for the views.
Well stocked Supermarket is 3minutes walk away.
Check in very fast & efficient. All staff very polite and helpful.
Utility bills need to be paid so we kept our back door and patio door open to keep cool.
Our utility bill was usd $75 then dropped to $30 a week.
There is a government tax per day of usd $10 and most purchased items have a 15% gratuity added. We found this holiday the most expensive ever and we have travelled world-wide.
The beach is beautiful but very badly managed. The manager should be transferred or -------.
1) The beach seaweed is cleaned when everybody is on the beach so sand is in the wind being blown around as the weed + sand is loaded onto the back of a truck. So plenty of engine fumes to sniff as well as sand is blown in your face while you’re on the beach.
2) There are 5 umbrellas where we were staying under block 4000 and 60 sunbeds. As it is so hot 95% of the beds aren’t used. People go back to their rooms or hide in the shade somewhere.
3) The beach was never raked over so plenty of cigarette, cigar buts and paper in and on the sand.
4) I personally picked up 5 plastic mugs off the beach in the morning as did other people. We all cleaned the beach. I left 2 cups on the beach. They were still there when we left after 2.5 weeks.
Security on the beach at night is non-existent as there is NO lighting so if you are on the ground floor and your window doors are open in the evening you could well be paid a visit from an unknown person. Beach Lighting would be a great bonus apart from that how nice it would be to sit on the beach in the evening as it gets dark about 7 o’clock.
Other than the beach management which would take very little to improve a magnificent three week holiday.
Very good holiday.Would definitely go again, once beach and security lighting was sorted out as above inc a lot more umbrellas.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Morritts Tortuga Club and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Morritt`s Tortuga Club Hotel East End
- Morritt`s Tortuga Club And Resort
- Morritt's Tortuga Club Resort Grand Cayman
- Morritts Tortuga Club And Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End