Bombay Chopsticks
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in East End
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Bombay Chopsticks, Chef Remy's newest Fusion Cuisine. Our Cooking Blends the Comfort of Chinese food with Spices of India. Every dish is Cooked to Order and Spiced to your Preference
Reviewed 19 December 2012

We ate at pretty much every place we could on the east end, and by far, this was the wife's and I's favorite place. We loved the nice quiet setting and the service was second to none. The food was outstanding and served hot. The portions were perfect, and I'm a pretty big guy. The ingredients were fresh and the price was fair. You have to eat at this place, it blew my expectations away. I wish they had this restaurant where I live becuase they would clean house. I can eat their hand made spring rolls for every meal.

Reviewed 18 December 2012

Chopsticks just opened but the fantastic cooking by Chef Remmy and the great service, not to mention the cool ambiance, will make you think it has been around for forever. The food is fantastic, too!

Reviewed 11 December 2012

Went to recently opened Bombay Chopsticks in East End, Grand Cayman (near Ocean Frontiers) is a nice addition to this side of the island. Lots of choices on the menu. We ordered take-out and it was very good. I especially like the Indian dishes on the menu. Also just read on the Facebook page that Chef Remy will be spending a bit more time there starting in the New Year, I'm sure this will really add to what is already a nice alternate option to the various restaurants on the East Side of the island. Really enjoyed the Goan Beef Chili stir fry, somewhat spice and very tasty!

Remy A, Owner at Bombay Chopsticks, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2012

Dear WitteMuis,
Thank you for your encouraging feedback, will surely share it with my staff and yes you are right, I'll be spending more time there as my guest expect me to be there and the new menu will offer plenty other options too. Looking forward to seeing you on our beautiful Island very soon.
Regards,
Chef Remy

Reviewed 25 November 2012

While staying at Compass Point we had the opportunity to try the newly opened Bombay Chopsticks. It will not be our last visit. We enjoy Indian food and found the taste profiles to be authentic, and yummy! We chose vegetable samosas, chicken tikka masala and jumbo prawn tikka, with a side of naan. Everything was delicious, well seasoned, and good portions. Takeout service was fast, and they also offer room service delivery to Compass Point.

Remy A, Owner at Bombay Chopsticks, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Dear Suzy_Road_Warrior,
Thank you for your great feed back and I'm very happy to know that you enjoyed the food. As you know we just opened 2 weeks ago and I promise to only get better. Apart from the room service offered to Compass Pointe and Ocean Frontiers, We will be starting our free delivery all over east end very soon.
Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Cheers
Chef Remy

Reviewed 25 November 2012

We tried this restaurant tonight for carry-out. We ordered the Chow Mein, Tandoori Prawns, and an order of Hot and Sour Soup to share. The total came to $38 CI (or a bit over $45 US). The chow mein was a mix of noodles, vegetables, chicken, small shrimp, and pork; the other dish included 2 prawns with sauce served in split shells, rice, chutney, and veggies. Everything was very good, including the soup which had a bit of a kick to it (nothing like hot and sour soup you might be used to in the States - more of a tomato base, and no tofu).

The space is quite small, but nicely decorated with just 4 or 5 tables. It's nice to have someplace nearby on East End when we don't feel like cooking or traveling far. They also have a few picnic tables set up for outside dining. Overall, I think it's going to do a lot of takeout business for those in nearby homes/condos.

They are planning to provide a delivery service to those nearby and also are in the process of getting a liquor license. In the meantime, diners have the option of bringing in their own and paying a corkage fee.

Other items on the menu included Tandoori Lobster Tail, Shrimp Szechuan, Sweet and Sour Fish, Beef and Broccoli, Chicken Biryani, and Mixed Fried Rice. Entree prices were between $15 CI (fried rice) and $24 CI (lobster tail). They also offer a nice selection of appetizers.

2  Thank eerickso