“Super Good food, and pretty much the main show on the East End”
Review of Bombay Chopsticks

Bombay Chopsticks
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in East End
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian, Asian, Fusion
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to Bombay Chopsticks, Chef Remy's newest Fusion Cuisine. Our Cooking Blends the Comfort of Chinese food with Spices of India. Every dish is Cooked to Order and Spiced to your Preference
central coast
“Super Good food, and pretty much the main show on the East End”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I never expected to find gourmet Desi Chinese in a residential neighborhood on the East End.
These guys really know what they are doing!
I have eaten a LOT of Indian food, and this is fusion at its finest.

DH had Pork Vindaloo , which came with gorgeous sides. I had the Cauliflower Manchurian, which is one of my favorites when done right. Sadly, it's often really heavy. For something fried and saucy, this was very light and bright. Everything is done with a really controlled hand. Presentation was superb.

Service was excellent. We chatted quite a bit with the staff, it's a small place and we came in right as they opened for dinner- the chef, server and manager were all very sweet. They brought a fun won ton appy, and comped us a GORGEOUS fruit salad with dragonfruit and all kinds of other stuff for dessert.

I'd eat here once a week if it was in my neighborhood, and I live in foody-ville.
Love these guys!

2 Thank chuttipen

Lake Mills, Wisconsin
“Great food, service was... creepy?”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My wife and I ate at this restaurant during our honeymoon in the Cayman Islands. As we were staying on the east side of the island, the location was very convenient.

We arrived on a Sunday evening to find we were the only guests at the restaurant. When we walked in, there were 4-5 employees chatting in the main dining room, which is very small. Not wanting to have all the attention, we decided to sit outside.

After looking over the menu, my wife and I decided we wanted to split a meal. When we tried to order this, our waiter told us the portions were fairly small, and urged us to reconsider. We looked over the menu a few more minutes and decided to get separate entrees. When the food arrived, the plates were huge! We could have easily split one of the meals, but the food tasted great so we didn't complain.

The only real complaint I had about this place was our waiter. Since we were the only people at the restaurant, I imagine he was quite bored. He was VERY attentive to the point of hardly leaving us alone. At one point, he was literally standing near our table waiting for us to finish our plates so he could take them. I don't think he left us alone for more than 5 minutes at a time, and it was a little bothersome.

All in all, the food is delicious, but don't be bullied into ordering more than you desire. Our brief meeting with Chef Remy was pleasant, and I would recommend this restaurant on a busier night.

2 Thank DavidStotesbery
Remy A, Owner at Bombay Chopsticks, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear David,
I sincerely apologize for the [creepy] service you experienced at my restaurant. Bombay Chopsticks is a pretty small restaurant and it does not take much time for guests to fill it up. We have been pretty busy as you can see from previous reviews.
By the way, I had taken care of your concerns way before you could write this review as the concierge from Morritts told me about your complaint. The waiter has been cautioned about it. I agree he does gets too friendly at times but in a good way [I guess] never thought of it as creepy.
I can see your dissatisfaction as you wanted just one entre but was bullied [as per your review] into having two. Would have done something about it if you had to say something about to me when I enquired on your table. Guess its too late now but rest assured it will not happen again.
Wishing you a great day and look forward to seeing you again on our lovely Island.
Warm Regards,
Chef Remy
San Diego, California
“Best Restaurant Ever”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This was the best meal I have ever had. The flavors were incredible. I have no idea why this chef is in a small place on the east side. The dishes were just incredible.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank MDMRJS
Remy A, Owner at Bombay Chopsticks, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear MDMRJS,
Thank you sincerely for your raving review. To answer your concern, I worked on Cruise Ships, Deluxe Resorts, Upscale Restaurants and finally here at Bombay Chopsticks. Well, I love it here, Its small ofcourse but i can interact with my guests and give them a more personal dining experience, I can never be more grateful to each and everyone of my guests for making us the # 1 restaurant on Grand Cayman.
Looking forward to seeing you again.
Regards,
Chef Remy
Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“True island experience”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This is the first restaurant I have ever reviewed because I feel obligated as the food is tasty, the presentation is beautiful, the ambiance is true to the restaurants name, and the staff are wonderful. Even if you are on the opposite side of the island, I recommend making the trip here because it will be worth your while. This is the true island experience!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Amber L
Greenville, North Carolina
“Delicious - One of the Best Meals We've Ever Had!”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

A completely unexpected find produced one of the best dining experiences we've had. The food was a delicious fusion of Asian and Indian and everything that was ordered from appetizers to the main courses to desserts were full of flavor. The service was spectacular and Chef Remy even came out to see how our meal was going. The only downsides we could think of are that it is closed on Monday's and only open for dinner. It's also a very small restaurant which allows for the great service but make sure you make reservations to guarantee yourself one of the roughly 18 chairs inside.

2 Thank TravelingPirate13