This was the most relaxing, easiest vacation in a long time. Condo on the beach was clean, comfortable and big enough for a family of four divers: mom,dad and two adult kids. Kitchen had all the basics in good working order: stove, microwave, oven, dishwasher, fridge with freezer, automatic coffee maker, blender. Complaints would be trivial: knives not very sharp, only one cutting board, no wine stopper . . . I have to work to find an excuse to whine, but that's not really fair, because I feel confident that if I had complained about any of these things, the staff would have fixed it right away.
We were provided a welcome package that included paper towels, dishwasher and dish soap, and clean sponge for the kitchen, as well as a single use laundry soap. I had a hair clip, which I used to close the liquid soap pack, so I was able to get four loads out of it (the water is very soft and the washer very small). Because the washer/dryer worked so well, we really only needed a few days clothes - next time I'll bring foodstuff.
Food, especially condiments, was very expensive. There was salt and pepper in the condo, but you will need to buy everything else to cook, and it just does not make sense to buy spices or seasonings. I really like to cook, but it's hard without some more seasonings and fixings. Next time I will bring dried seasoning packs, so that the high carbs divers need can be flavored better.
If you're not going to cook a lot yourself, the food we had at East End restaurants was excellent. Eat lion fish tacos at the on-site Eagle Ray and you're not only well fed, but you are part of the solution! Bombay Chopsticks was also very good, with several vegetarian options.
Diving was very good. Crews helpful and friendly, ocean warm and relatively calm. Saw lots of diverse sea life, including squid, sharks, turtles, parrotfish, angelfish, eels and barracuda. Love the fact that you get off the boat and you're done! Don't have to carry anything; the shop took care of rinsing and hanging everything, and had it all on board when we arrived the next day to dive. So easy, and fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LAID BACK LUXURY....Located on the untouched, pristine East End of the Island. Situated approximately 21 miles East from Grand Cayman's international airport and approximately 1 mile past the sleepy village of East End.Compass Point Dive Resort Compromises of 28 luxurious one, two and three bedroom oceanfront and poolside condominiums, each with their own private patio or balcony. Each condominium is beautifully appointed with stylish island decor and fully equipped with all of the comforts of home. New in 2013, Eagle Ray's Bar & Grill, dockside overlooking the Caribbean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Compass Point Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Compass Point Dive Hotel East End
- Compass Point Dive Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End