Grand Cayman, East End July 27- August 3 2013
I took a group of divers and non-divers to Compass Point for a seven day vacation. We dove with Ocean Frontiers, the in house dive company. The diving was close to perfection, great reefs, walls, fish and sharks. The new restaurant, Eagle Rays had just opened the day before we arrived; the food and drinks were great. The condos were well stocked and were in good condition. The new building across the street, that is part of Compass Point, is very nice, has a great pool and BBQ grill that we used for our group one night. We also ate at several other places on the East End. Tukka, a great outdoor dining restaurant and The Italian Kitchen which is located across the street from Morritts resort. Both were excellent. Located in the same shopping complex as The Italian Kitchen was a small grocery store that had most of everything you would need.
The dive crews were very good and thorough, very knowledgeable about dive sites, local events and history. At times, I did feel like they were talking down to me and my customers. I have been diving for 25 years which is about the equivalent of the ages of the dive crew. I felt like I was being treated like a new diver, by the way, it will not kill a sea turtle if you touch it, after it has approached you. There is a place on the other side of the island called the Cayman Turtle farm, where you can pick up the turtles all day long. Be forewarned, there are a few staff members with somewhat of an attitude. Not sure if we just caught them on a bad week, or if they are just unhappy individuals.
All in all was a great trip and great resort. We will be back, don’t forget the mosquito spray, at sunset they will carry you away if you do not have repellent on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LAID BACK LUXURY....Located on the untouched, pristine East End of the Island. Situated approximately 21 miles East from Grand Cayman's international airport and approximately 1 mile past the sleepy village of East End.Compass Point Dive Resort Compromises of 28 luxurious one, two and three bedroom oceanfront and poolside condominiums, each with their own private patio or balcony. Each condominium is beautifully appointed with stylish island decor and fully equipped with all of the comforts of home. New in 2013, Eagle Ray's Bar & Grill, dockside overlooking the Caribbean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Compass Point Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Compass Point Dive Hotel East End
- Compass Point Dive Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End