I wanted to have a unique 50th birthday & had fallen in love with Grand Cayman on a cruise years earlier. I booked an air/hotel package thru an online travel company & this is the resort I was booked at. I wasn't a diver, but it had always interested me, so I figured that since I was going to a dive resort I might as well check it out. I completed my classroom & confined water dives at my local dive shop & planned on getting my open water certification here. The day I was going to start was two days after the earthquake in Haiti & the water that normally is very calm was really rough. I stepped off the dive boat twice & was just too overwhelmed by the waves & current & decided not to try again. We went back to the shop & found out it wasn't supposed to calm down until the day I left. HOWEVER - not diving did not take anything away from this trip. I have never stayed in a more beautiful, peaceful place. Everyone was so friendly - even when my trip turned into a non-diving one. My room was perfect in every way. I knew enough about the resort to know to bring my own groceries, etc & my stay was everything & more that I could have wanted. I can't wait to go back as soon as I can!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LAID BACK LUXURY....Located on the untouched, pristine East End of the Island. Situated approximately 21 miles East from Grand Cayman's international airport and approximately 1 mile past the sleepy village of East End.Compass Point Dive Resort Compromises of 28 luxurious one, two and three bedroom oceanfront and poolside condominiums, each with their own private patio or balcony. Each condominium is beautifully appointed with stylish island decor and fully equipped with all of the comforts of home. New in 2013, Eagle Ray's Bar & Grill, dockside overlooking the Caribbean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Compass Point Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Compass Point Dive Hotel East End
- Compass Point Dive Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End