My husband and I just returned from a 6 day stay at Compass Point Dive Resort and we can't say enough great things about this resort. We have never actually stayed at a dive resort before, but now plan to seek out such resorts. Nothing beats being able to walk to the dock from your room and having to spend a max of 25 minutes boating out to the dive site and having your dive equipment on the boat and ready to go. The quality of the diving was awesome. We saw multiple large schools of fish as well as several reef sharks and a sleeping nurse shark in addition to moray eels and turtles. The reef is in great shape and very colorful. Don't miss a trip to Stingray City. The divemasters were extremely professional and unbelievably knowledgeable about the dive sites, often drawing diagrams of the sites from memory. Our divemasters were Graeme, Neil, and Stephan-- all excellent. All of the diveshop staff were very helpful and nice and Kaz, the videographer, did a great job on our dive groups' video and did not get in the way of the dive at all. The condos are very clean, new, and well-stocked with cooking utensils. All units have a view of the ocean. We loved staying on the East End of the island, which was very nice and quiet with a couple of excellent restaurants nearby (The Portofino, The Lighthouse, and Rum Beach). Although the resort is on a main road, I felt completely safe running along it as there is little traffic. The island is very easy to get around if you have a rental car and if you are in the mood for a more active part of the island, it's about a 20-30 minute drive, which is no big deal, to Sunset House on the south side (great bar and food) or 7 mile beach with all of the big resorts. You will not regret it if you got to Grand Cayman to dive and choose to stay at Compass Point! We would not want to stay anywhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LAID BACK LUXURY....Located on the untouched, pristine East End of the Island. Situated approximately 21 miles East from Grand Cayman's international airport and approximately 1 mile past the sleepy village of East End.Compass Point Dive Resort Compromises of 28 luxurious one, two and three bedroom oceanfront and poolside condominiums, each with their own private patio or balcony. Each condominium is beautifully appointed with stylish island decor and fully equipped with all of the comforts of home. New in 2013, Eagle Ray's Bar & Grill, dockside overlooking the Caribbean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Compass Point Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Compass Point Dive Hotel East End
- Compass Point Dive Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - East End