Captain Oliver's Hotel
Colombus Hotel(Oyster Pond)
Sol Hotel(Oyster Pond)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Princess Heights Hotel(Oyster Pond)
View Hotel
Club Orient Resort(Orient Bay)
Alamanda Resort(Orient Bay)
  • Breakfast included
Palm Court Hotel(Orient Bay)
View Hotel
All reviewsdawn beachocean viewcaribbean charmfrench womansafe keyst martinnice poolgrand casespacious roomswimming pool issmall hotellocation is idealeach morningexploring the islandnice resortgrocery storesimpson bay
Reviewed 31 July 2014

July 31, 2014

This was the third time we have stayed at Captain Oliver's Resort Hotel. Our first visit was in 2002; second visit was in 2012.

Trifon, the hotel manager, met us at the desk when we checked in. We were able to get our favorite room with an outstanding ocean view. Our room was very spacious and the desk staff and cleaning staff were very friendly and accomodating.

Internet access in our room was problematic but it's no great problem for people who want to relax. There is ample and free wifi access in the open air hotel lobby.

Oyster Pond is a very nice location and we hope to return to Captain Oliver's next year!

Room Tip: Recommend selecting a room beginnig with 104; all have great ocean views!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChrisReilly199
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Morning breakfast is contracted to nearby restaurant, be prepared if cook is not available there is no alternative cook on premises. We arrived n had to wait for an hour for a cook.

Rooms are poor especially bathrooms, shower door are dangerous and may fall off tracks n hurt someone. They would not even fix it and it's July slow season, so you can imagine busy season Good luck. Bathtub is dangerous no skid protection in tub area, be careful exiting or entering. Water pressure typical island resort works according to current tenant usage, very very weak.

Very careful on nearby bars n restaurants during happy hour when they charge you full price for not asking full disclosure of beer selection or drinks. Careful with the price scams n check your tabs n bill.

Wifi service terrible slow as molasses and no courtesy pc available on property.

As a frequent flyer and transportation industry employee I would not recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank miguel r
CaptainOliver2014, General Manager at Captain Oliver's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Despite the fact that your opinion sounds somewhat extreme, we are sorry your stay with us did not meet your expectations.
Because of the low season we needed to make breakfast arrangements with one of our partner restaurants and we apologize for any inconvenience caused by this arrangement.
Please note the bars on the marina do not belong to the hotel and are not ran by us.
As every hotel or even private home, our property has to improve some maintenance points and we are using the low season period to work on all of them.
It will be our pleasure to host you again and do our best to be up to your satisfaction. Should you decide to return at Captain Oliver’s, please do not hesitate to contact me directly in order to make your reservation.

Best regards
Trifon Boumbovski

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We had a wonderful week in the hotel. The staff is extremely kind and helpulf and the location and views from the room are incredible.
The hotel is comfortable, quiet, basic but needs a quick refurbishment and investment as time passed by and competitors are many. There are two bars and a restaurant in the marina close to the hotel that are perfect if you don't want to go far for a drink o eat something.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarianaPuerta
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Captain Oliver's could stand a lick of paint, but we spent four incredibly happy days there thanks to the location, the view, the surroundings, the staff, the comfort of the rooms (beautiful marshmallow duvets on the beds!) Would love to go back this very minute.

Room Tip: we had a room with a view of the sea - it was glorious!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank EveandJack
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I am a flight attendant for a major American airline and I've stayed in many places with my career so I am verrry picky about the properties I rent when on personal time off. I also do not often rate properties but our experience at Captain Oliver's motivates me to do so.
My husband, another couple and I chartered a sailboat and we stayed at Captain Oliver's before we went out to sail as it is right next to 2 charter companies located in Oyster Bay. We treated ourselves and had upgrades to the rooms overlooking the entrance to the marina. What a treat it was! Beautiful views, a nice pool right next to an outdoor bar and restaurant. It is more a boutique hotel and I prefer that to a large hotel. And Captain Oliver's is exactly why I choose a boutique. You have more personal attention to your needs and get to know the staff and you feel more connected to your vacation. The staff was so helpful and friendly. Trifon, the manage,r seemed personally concerned that we were satisfied and was always available to offer advice and anything the hotel was able to provide. There are several restaurants within walking distance. Check out Quai Ouest...cozy and delicious. I don't know about the other rooms but even if they don't have view out to the ocean they have views to the marina and it has a wonderful "sailing world" vibe to it. There is a liquor store on hand and a small convenience store you can walk to. For sailing provisions you do need to order online and have things delivered or rent a taxi and go into Phillipsberg. which was actually fun to do and gave us an opportunity to get souvenirs and a local market for groceries. Our room had a small fridge and coffeepot which was just enough for our needs as we had dinners out. The continental breakfast could be added to by ordering some ala cart items which was nice as I like a substantial breakfast to start the day. I also like to walk in the mornings and it was a nice area for a good walk. I understand that there are plans to update the property adding an indoor exercise room, a separate are for breakfast and a beach area. I spoke with a lovely woman there who was taking care of some of the local animals and I believe she is the owner. If so, I very much like giving my business to someone who is dedicated to taking care of the animals and wildlife that lives on this beautiful island. I highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: uprading is nice for rooms facing marina entrance. The other rooms look out of boat slips and small harbor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple