“FANTASTIC!!! Worth every penny!”

Private Yacht Charter SXM
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Since 2006, Private Yacht Charter offers private day and term charters with our fleet of sail and power catamarans. We are located at the Great House Marina in Oyster Pond, Sint Maarten. On a day charter, you receive the boat of your choice with a skipper, along with complimentary drinks and snacks. On an overnight charter or week charter, you can choose from a captain only charter to an all-inclusive vacation with full catering and chef.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 26 October 2012

This was one of the best ventures I have ever taken in my life!
I have never done anything like this ever and I would highly recommend this over any other boat ride or tour because you are able to create your own tour. There are snacks and beverages available on the boat and you can bring your own as well.
We went around the island of St. Maartin, stopped at a couple islands along the way and did some snorkeling too.
The crew was so kind and informative. I felt completely safe and taken care of. I would urge anyone just thinking about this to do it without hesitation.
I would do this again in a heartbeat. It really was worth every penny and is an experience of a lifetime (especially when you are from Ohio!!)

Reviewed 25 October 2012

I have traveled many places globally and usually do a boat trip of some nature. Wow! The day I spent with my group on a private charter with PYC was one of the top 3 best days I ever spent on a vacation in my life. The boat was perfect for our needs, and the crew was amazingly accommodating. Get a group together if you can and charter, it's the way to go. The PYC team spoiled me...will have a hard time boating any other way!

Reviewed 23 October 2012

A group of seven of us went around the island, the crew made it a perfect experience. Many of us were first time snorkelers; they helped us out there, came with us, and kept us all very safe. The crew was very attentive, yet respected our space. They were available at all times to answer questions about the isalnd, surrounding islands, offer us drinks, towels, change & adjust music for us, and most importantly... take fantastic photos!! I could swear their the captain is a professional photographer! The boat was immaculate & perfect for catching or avoiding sun. The cabin was clean & we loved the bean bag chairs at the front of the boat... An absolutely fabulous voyage thanks to the fabulous crew!!! ...

1  Thank NikiFrenchko
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Six of us chartered the Mojito under skipper Nicholas. Incredible day on the water. Very little wind for sailing to our proposed destination, Anguilla, so Nicholas created an alternative itinerary including the Marine Park, Tintamarre and lunch on Islet Pinel that minimized our time "sailing" and maximized our time in the water and snorkeling. Clearly, Nicholas knows his boat stem to stern and has a well-tuned, welcoming manner of hospitality for all. Good humor, highly skilled, great conversationalist. We particularly enjoyed having him join us for lunch on Pinel. A GREAT DAY ON THE WATER! Thank you, Nicholas......

Reviewed 8 October 2012

Last week my wife and I had the opportunity to charter, the Mojito, a 47' catamaran with Nico as the Captain. If you are going to be in St. Maarten/St. Martin DO NOT MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY!

Pierre, the owner, has a number of exquisitely appointed yachts that boast full sleeping berths, private bathrooms, full kitchens, indoor living rooms and topside decks that are the best in the area.
Captain Nico began our charter with full and complete overviews for safety and comfort while offering mimosas to start off the morning departure. Within minutes of departure from the bay, the sails were hoisted, appropriate music quietly enhanced the splashing of the waves and we were quickly enjoying a lifestyle of a true luxury charter.

The leather pillows out on the front trampoline grids formed perfect support to lie back and feel this beautiful ship cut through the turquoise, sky blue and navy colored waters. Captain Nico would appropriately appear – like magic at just the right times – to point out a specific island or offer fresh fruits.

During the course of the day, we anchored twice to go snorkeling in specially discovered calm bays. Captain Nico was attentive to every need with the equipment as well as entry and exit from the beautiful Caribbean. His suggestion for an easy lunch at Pinel Island was wonderful.

St. Maarten/St. Martin is a beautiful place to visit, but do not miss the opportunity to contact Pierre and charter one of his yachts for a day or a two-day excursion. We look forward to a time in the future when we land in St. Maarten/St. Martin and leave on one of Pierre’s yachts for a 5-day charter taking in Nevis, St Kitts and St Barts!

Pat H