“Nico rocks the Mojito!”

Private Yacht Charter SXM
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Since 2006, Private Yacht Charter offers private day and term charters with our fleet of sail and power catamarans. We are located at the Great House Marina in Oyster Pond, Sint Maarten. On a day charter, you receive the boat of your choice with a skipper, along with complimentary drinks and snacks. On an overnight charter or week charter, you can choose from a captain only charter to an all-inclusive vacation with full catering and chef.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We had the pleasure of sailing with Nico on June 10, 2014 and what an epic time we had! Nico managed the Mojito and our intimate party of four single-handedly and quite impressively. He was very personable and often reminded us the day on the spectacular Mojito was ours to "chill" and "relax". He provided suggestions regarding the itinerary and entertained us with conversation and his knowledge of sailing and the sea. He was very accommodating when we stopped for lunch at a Pinel Island, making sure we had a nice table and view for lunch. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. He was attentive, kind, and loads of fun! It was the best day on our vacation and one we will cherish! Harry was wonderful to work with setting up the reservations and Liset was super sweet and pleasant as well. Thanks for a great experience PYC!!!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

After traveling to St. Martin with another family, we opted for a day on the Mojita at the beginning of our trip. Once we met Nico and Jeff, we made a quick decision to add another excursion on board of one of their catamarans before we left Oyster Bay. Best decision we made all trip. Nico and Jeff made us feel safe secure and the weather took care of itself. Truly a magnificent day checking for turtles at Tintamarre, reserved table for us at Karibuni on Pinel Island...great snorkeling. Again, Nico and Jeff made the experience as memorable as any team can.

Our second journey was aboard Seduction with Johan and Jeff. This time we went all around the island...incredible is all I can say. Jeff made us feeders for the fish during our snorkeling at Happy Beach...thousands of fish were around us as the feeding frenzy mounted... Wild! Kids are still talking about it.

Truly worth the expense. The four adults and four teenagers loved every minute.the boats were comfortable, spacious and oozed relaxation. Jeff is as personable and helpful as anyone can be. Great smile, very engaging...lasting impression.

Magnificent days, great weather, great sites, awesome teams...splendid company to deal with from start to finish. Liset, Nico, Johan and, of course, Jeff....thank you thank you thank you!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have been to Sint Maarten 3 times and this by far was the coolest thing I have done on the island and allowed me to have an experience that I will never forget and will be tough to beat.

We picked the Seaduction for our ship and the route that went to Creole Rock, Penile Island, and Tintamarre Island. They promised that no one would get sea sick and that we would see Sea Turtles (which is something I have been promised before but know that it can't really be guaranteed) We had a couple of people get sick in the beginning but the crew was great and had medication on hand to help out.

Toni and Johann were fantastic. My mom has mobility issues and had gotten sick and Toni insisted on taking care of her so the rest of us could enjoy our time. My sister and I are very particular on whom we will allow to care for our mom and Toni immediately put us at such ease we knew she was in good hands.

We were given plenty of time to explore each location (I recommend bringing a lunch for them to serve to you to save the time of having to go to a restaurant). The best part hands down was swimming with the turtles (that right more than one) at Tintamarre island. We weren't in the water for more than 5 minutes when we saw our first one and saw 4 to 5 total. I am a photographer and it was the coolest thing I have had the pleasure of shooting.

It felt like something out of life styles of the rich and famous or a Jay Z video. I could have easily done this for days and will do everything in my power to sail with them again the next time I am in SXM. Request Toni and Johann they will treat you like royalty.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

our group of 10 chartered the Mojito for a private day sale on June 4, 2014. This was the best decision and day of our cruise. we got off of our cruise ship and were on the Mojito in Oyster Bay within 20 minutes, including cab and checking in. Nicolas and Jeff were with us, and they were amazing fellas. They made us feel welcome and let us know we were gonna have a blast. we sailed for awhile, did some snorkeling, drank quite a bit of rum and Heinekens, smoked cigars, took in the beautiful Caribbean, went to a private island for lunch, and sailed more, finishing in the afternoon, just in time to get back to the cruise ship. They set up everything, all we had to do was have fun... seriously. This is a 100% honest charter operation, and they do it top notch. we are from Ohio, and there is always a doubt whether or not you'll get ripped off, but they quickly silenced that doubt. The Mojito was a beautiful ship, and big enough for prob 14-16 ppl to move freely. The water was great, food, the service, and just the day. I will be returning and chartering from them again, and you should HIGHLY consider using these guys. Ask for Jeff and Nicolas... they were awesome and made the trip even better! This will be the best day of your trip, you can bet on it. Thanks.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

While walking the dock at Oyster Bay, we learned you could rent private yachts for the day. Our group of 11 rented the Seaduction for the day. Captain Johann was very pleasant and was great to us. He let us pick where we wanted to go for the day with his knowledge and input... Creole rock, Pinel Island and Tintamarre Island. The first 2 locations offer great snorkeling. At pinel, there is also a great beach and a few hiking trails. However, our final destination made the entire trip. At Tintamarre, we got to swim with the sea turtles. First Mate Toni made our day very special. She was great with the kids, great with those who felt a little sea sick, and she truly took care of us. This was by far the most increadible day of our 9-day vacation and one of the most incredible days of a lifetime.