Princess Heights Hotel
Hotel La Plantation(Orient Bay)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$162
  • Breakfast included
Colombus Hotel(Oyster Pond)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Esmeralda Resort(Orient Bay)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdawn beachnew buildingrental carfull kitchenmarble floorssecond buildingflights of stairsdiving boardliving roomgreat condobig fishgrand caseno elevatorgated communitysmall gymfront officejetted tub
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My partner and I just returned from St Maarten and I decided to share our experience with others who are looking for a decent place to stay on this island.
The hotel is exactly as described on their website. Located in a gated area on a hillside just above Westin hotel on Dawn beach. All rooms offer a magnificent ocean view which we enjoyed thoroughly. Yes, it would be nice to remove the unsightly solar panels of the Westin hotel as they do interfere with the true beauty of the area, but as it stands, there is not much anyone can do to eliminate this issue.
Being on the hillside, expect to climb stairs and steep hills...I absolutely loved that part as being active is high on my priority list.
We took advantage of the free car rental with our studio. It worked out really well for us. We picked up our car very close to the airport and had no issues finding the hotel. There are some well-stocked grocery stores on the island and we did not have to miss any of the familiar items that we normally use at home.
Our studio was simple. Nicely decorated and kept very clean. We were very pleased with the cleaning staff. The bathroom was beautiful and the clean, soft towels were changed daily. (I loved the bedding as well...good quality sheets felt nice and luxurious.) Many of the Caribbean hotels have a strong smell of mold but to our pleasant surprise there was none of that at Princess Heights...Those fine details do make a difference...
Much like many others, we love animals and really enjoyed feeding the beautiful dog who would come and great us timidly out in the parking lot. It just felt like home...
The staff were helpful and friendly. Check-in as well as the checkout went smoothly and hassle-free.
We will definitely return to Princess Heights.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Unaestela
Reviewed 14 May 2014

me and husband went for our honeymoon and we loved it. the hotel was wonderful, clean not crowded. The Housekeeping was great and so were the guys at the office. We met very nice young guys Tim and Flores they were very accommodating and fun! I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I recently stayed at Princess Heights. I booked four two-bedroom deluxe rooms for a group of 8. We stayed in the new building (with the elevator). The property looked exactly as the pictures I saw on the website. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Our rooms were spectacular and looked better than the pictures on website. There are not enough words to describe the views stunning, magnificent, and breathtaking. To wake-up to ocean views was extremely relaxing. We loved the full kitchen and made use of it every morning for breakfast. We sent a grocery list prior to our arrival and the staff had them in our rooms. The bathrooms were awesome and fantastic. We made good use of the pool and met some retirees who lived in one of the condos. They were nice. The property does not offer beach front so as their website states, we went to the Westin Hotel and made good use of their front. The walk over to the Westin is short, but it is an intense. There are a lot stairs and moderate hills to go down and climb up. The hotel is remote and having some type of transportation is a must. We used Genesis Taxi Company and over driver Nate “the Great,” was just that great. We would can him whenever wanted to venture out. Otherwise you will need a car. We are looking to come back next year. We enjoyed ourselves. Thank you Princess Heights for making my mom’s birthday celebration GREAT!!
See you soon
Bailey

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ILESHA0527
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Greg and I had the best vacation ever. We celebrated my birthday with friends at the pool. Tim and Floris were so helpful. The pool was just what we wanted, which was quiet and relaxing. The hotel room was perfect. Tim and Floris always had great suggestions on where to go. We met friends and had a blast. We will be back. Thank you Tim and Floris!

Greg and Andrea

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We just returned from Princess Heights and had an absolutely fabulous stay there. The rooms are gorgeous and clean and well maintained. We stayed in a one-bedroom, which was so spacious. Loved the fully equipped kitchen. It had everything we needed from a corkscrew to a cheese grater. We cooked breakfast a couple of days and ate on the balcony. What an awesome balcony it was with an amazing ocean view! You can see St. Barts in the background. PH is very quiet and peaceful, kind of tucked away in the hillside. The crew of young people working here were so friendly and helpful with anything we needed.

This was my third visit to St. Martin. So I knew to rent a car. You really should if you are the adventurous type and want to see more than just your resort you are staying at. There is so much to see and do on both the Dutch and French side and lots of beautiful beaches to visit and good restaurants in Grand Case.

Thanks again, Princess Heights, for being so fabulous!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple