“So much fun! Dingy is the place to be in Oyster Pond!”
Review of Dinghy Dock Bar OP

Dinghy Dock Bar OP
Ranked #3 of 17 Restaurants in Oyster Pond
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Caribbean, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Dinghy Dock Bar is a true Caribbean dive bar. Situated on a historic marina in Oyster Pond, the bar straddles the Dutch and French line sitting over the water. It's a place where high and low, locals and tourists, rub elbows and party the night away. It was originally a place to get the rowdy drunken sailor's out of the finer establishments in the area. Sit at the bar and to hear stories told, some true and many not, from around the island and around the world. The "mix your own" happy hour is the best around. That's right, you get the bottle, glass, mixer, and make you own drink. This is also one of the best-stocked bars on the island, with the usual suspects, as well some unusual ones - even a selection of craft beers from the US for those missing a taste of home. The kitchen makes some of the best casual bar food around, lunch and dinner. You won't find better fish and chips, ribs, burgers, wings, or anything else on the menu. Daily specials vary from goat stew to jerk pork chops to blackened grouper. We open at 8am for coffee and fresh baked croissants. The kitchen opens around 11am and runs until you're stuffed. All are welcome - kids, dogs, iguanas, random dock critters, old and young people - provided, of course, they're up for a good time. Family friendly most of the day and night, late night is definitely more suited for the "big kids". You never know what will happen at this place. There is also live music every Sunday night and usually 2-3 other nights of the week. Sports fan? The game is always on at the Dinghy Dock. Whether it's NFL, NHL, NBA, Soccer, College, Pro, Olympics, you name it and we will like be watching. Stop by and yell at the tvs(that's right, more than one) with us. You are guaranteed to have a good time no matter what night you go, and once you've been there, you will be back. Maybe because you got so drunk you forgot your shoes, or maybe to do it all over again. Dinghy Dock Bar "The Peril of Oyster Pond"
Portland, Oregon
“So much fun! Dingy is the place to be in Oyster Pond!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I recently came back from a vacation in St. Martin and was told to go to the Dingy- it was so much fun! My bartender Kendall was super nice, knew a ton about the Island and let me pour my own happy hour drink- my kind of place!

I had the fish and chips and they were super good! I would recommend this place for sure! Can't wait to go back!

Lockport, Illinois
“Great food!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Both the food and the service was great. I highly recommend the grouper. I enjoyed sitting outside to eat, but the music from a restaurant next door was really loud.

• Visited July 2014
Austin, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Place in SXM!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I have been to the island multiple times over the last several years and have always made my way to the Dinghy Dock for good food, drinks, and fun. My most recent trip was last week and me and 12 friends made a point to stop by the Dinghy Dock everyday on our vacation. The staff is awesome and the experience is one of a kind. If I could put this place in my bag and bring it home, I most certainly would. Make sure you swing by whenever you have a chance!

Tucson, Arizona
“Spent too much time here”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed within walking distance to the Dinghy Dock. The owners and staff were delightful. We ate there a couple of times and the food was good, but most of our time was spent drinking at night here. We hit the Caribbean during the off season to avoid tourist traps and it was a perfect time of year to go. The locals and ex-pats hang out there and there is always good conversation.

• Visited August 2013
“Fun!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We had so much fun! The "pour your own" drinks was something we've never experienced before. Everyone was laid back and social. It was a good time! I will go back again.