We've stayed on 2 previous occassions. This time (10/6 - 10/13) we were able to get and ocean view (3rd floor). The view is fine but a bit boring. Nice breezes off the ocean etc. However, if we go back for a 4th visit, we'll ask for a bay view again.
Only a few glitches - first off we had a festation of very small ants on the kitchen counter. We called the front desk and the gal merely said "Use Flit". After a thorough cleaning of the counter with soap and water and a little elbow grease, the problem resolved itself. Apparently the maids where too busy to or in too much of a hurry to clean up after the pervious guests. I suspect someone made some sweet, fruity drinks with the blender and slopped a little on the counter.
Second problem - and this was much more aggrivating. I had a special DVD I'd taken on vacation to view but to my dismay the cable from the DVD player to the TV was totally shot. I called down to the desk on Sunday morning and was assured "Somebody will be there to check on it" but no one ever showed up. Monday I went down to the desk and was again assured someone would check on it. Sill no action. Tuesday I again complained about the situation and this time a maintenance person did show up. This fellow looked at the frayed end of the HDMI connection and the look on his face told me immediately he didn't have a clue - it was almost comical. I knew right away that the extent of his knowledge was to check and make sure things were plugged into the power outlet. He said he'd return to fix the cable. On returning from the beach a few hours later I surprised that the cable was no longer hanging down. "Oh boy" I thought "Now I can watch my DVD. But my hopes were dashed when I checked behind the TV and sure enought the maintainance guy only shoved it up where it wouldn't be seen. I've posted a few pictures here on tripadvisor.
Other than that we had a fine time at Dawn Beach (although there was a bid of sea weed) and made a trip to Orient Beach as well. For me the highlight was the sunrise on Monday morning. Picture also posted here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just south of the amicable French/Dutch divide, Oyster Bay Beach Resort awaits. Perched on a coral reef overlooking the Caribbean ocean and Oyster Pond Marina is paradise found. With breathtaking ocean views, white sand beach and countless amenities Oyster Bay Beach Resort and its sister properties, Mainsail, Spinnaker and the Lighthouse serve as your escape from the every day. Find adventure, serenity and the fullness of life at our island resort. Make Oyster Bay your next stop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HotelsClick, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, TravelUp and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oyster Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oyster Bay Beach Hotel Oyster Pond
- Oyster Bay Beach Philipsburg