This was our third trip to Oyster Bay and every trip it seems even better. We stop at Grand Marche market first for some essentials for breakfast and lunch, although they do have a service for you to order ahead and have the items waiting in your room. We were greeted in the lobby with a glass of champagne and a smile from every staff member . Thanks to Hudson who took us to our beautiful room and Linda our maid who did a terrific job all week. Every day thorough maid service is a real plus. There is one infinity pool but it has a delightful view of St. Barth's, and is never crowded. No need to have those people who run down at six in the morning and put their towel on a chair never to return for hours. There is a welcome meeting the day after arrival that is very informative and we suggest attending. Monday night there is a great open bar welcome party, and even a wine and snacks farewell party on Friday night with a fun band. You rarely see this at more "glamorous" resorts. If you just want to relax at the resort there is no need for a car as there are five restaurants right there. We loved our Italian fare at Daniels, which is Mr. Busby's Beach bar during the daytime hours. If you do rent a car, don't miss restaurant row in Grand Case. Our third time at Bistro Carraibe was wonderful as always. We went with another couple and had four entrees and each was excellent. For a delish French bakery try Sarafina's in Marigot. We go on Wednesday when the locals have a great bazaar that features touristy items and some lovely jewelry, prints, etc. We get more familiar with the island each time we come, and will certainly be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just south of the amicable French/Dutch divide, Oyster Bay Beach Resort awaits. Perched on a coral reef overlooking the Caribbean ocean and Oyster Pond Marina is paradise found. With breathtaking ocean views, white sand beach and countless amenities Oyster Bay Beach Resort and its sister properties, Mainsail, Spinnaker and the Lighthouse serve as your escape from the every day. Find adventure, serenity and the fullness of life at our island resort. Make Oyster Bay your next stop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oyster Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oyster Bay Beach Hotel Oyster Pond
- Oyster Bay Beach Philipsburg