My family and babysitter just returned from a week long stay. We were literally right on top of the ocean. Unfortunately It was not an updated room (as I have read in other reviews), but the proximity to the ocean still made the stay wonderful. Our 2 bedroom 2 bath room was equipped with a full kitchen, which was essential for out travels with our 2 little ones and babysitter. Yes there was a strong sewage smell, in an area of the resort, but it is not near the pool or beach of any place where you would commune. Our room was dated, but it was very clean. Towels were clean and new. The whole beach towel exchange systems needs work. You get 2 towels per person, but you have to keep track of your towel and return them to your room for exchange for new towels for the next day. The idea is that you always have one clean towel per person as you wait for the one dirty one to be exchanged the next day. Ridiculous system. First of all, you need a new towel when you leave the beach and decide to visit the pool. Now you have used both towels (and you are carrying your dirty sandy wet beach towel everywhere because it has to go back to your room for exchange). The front desk will have a couple on hand for you, but tell you the exchange must take place back in your room. I have never experienced this towel system before. You bring your key to prove you are staying at the resort, and then you go to a towel stand where you should be able to exchange all day. Why am i stressing about keeping track of dirty unusable towels all day? Okay, I know I'm rambling on about this. I just hope the resort will consider a change in this system. OTHERWISE, we had a delightful vacation. Beach access was awesome--its right there--a quick walk. I agree with other reviews that you need a rental car. the eating options are not the best. The only restaurant we loved was Canoa. The others are not good. Infinity is good, but expensive for what you are getting. Canoa is similiarly priced, but worth it. I highly recommend this resort for families. The infinity pool is absolutely gorgeous, and the whole resort is very pretty perched right on top of the ocean. I already miss the sound of the ocean in that suite. It lulled me to sleep everynight. It was truly a relaxing stay and we would definitely return. All staff are VERY friendly, and made us feel very welcome. My only complaint about the towel system is very small compared to all else. I just had to explain it in hopes they'll reconsider their system.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just south of the amicable French/Dutch divide, Oyster Bay Beach Resort awaits. Perched on a coral reef overlooking the Caribbean ocean and Oyster Pond Marina is paradise found. With breathtaking ocean views, white sand beach and countless amenities Oyster Bay Beach Resort and its sister properties, Mainsail, Spinnaker and the Lighthouse serve as your escape from the every day. Find adventure, serenity and the fullness of life at our island resort. Make Oyster Bay your next stop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Oyster Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oyster Bay Beach Hotel Oyster Pond
- Oyster Bay Beach Philipsburg