“Just ok not so clean resort”

Oyster Bay Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Oyster Pond
Orange, California
“Just ok not so clean resort”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We arrived to a wonderful friendly
Front desk clerk named Brenda. She was welcoming and warm true Gem to this property! A nice young man named Tierce took us to our room and was warm and welcoming. We were able to have a ocean view room which is a must here! The rooms are great for a person looking to have meals in the room. We weren't interested in that. But room was dingy unfortunately you can see stains on some parts of the furniture which grosses me out! The bath room is a very dated shower is really old! The pool is beautiful and in the morning it's a gem of a sight looking out to the beautiful waters! But give it some time and it's over run by a bunch of kids and tourist! Not what I want to see on my vacation! It's kinda has a hokey feel to this property! I would not stay there again..... Ps it's a time share property and I could hear and see the poor people being pressured to buy and when they said no I'm guessing it turned ugly cause you could see the sales persons attitudes change! I was traveling with my oldest daughter so we weren't bothered to take a tour but I would have said no. The beach is beautiful right off of the restaurant Beau Beaus which is good for a meal by the water! There is a lot of seaweed that washes up on the shore over and over again all day long! The Beach attendant Yohan worked continually to rake and pick up all day long everyday we were there! He also has to help the guest with snorkel gear and the beach chairs and umbrellas! I hope he is paid extra for he's work
Cause it looked like he had one of the hardest jobs there. But need to give him a shout out...He helped my daughter and I with our snorkels and when a woman at the concierge desk refused to take my snorkel gear back at the end of the day after the beach had closed he over heard and took back and got my slip and brought it back for me the lady at the concierge wasn't very nice at all! Yohan was just a helpful employee going above and beyond good customer service ! Same as the employees I mentioned! I was asked a few times at the pool and restaurants for a tip when I was signing my bill. Tacky I thought.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Sccrmom3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Every member of the OBBR team made us feel welcome, even before we arrived. We appreciated the pre-arrival grocery list. The prices were very reasonable and it was wonderful to have some basics on hand from the minute we arrived. What most impressed me was how one member of the reservations staff, Ms. Maria Peterson went above and beyond the call of duty to accommodate a special request. I called the resort the day before arrival to ask for help in renting a guitar for my boyfriend. The fact that there are no rental stores did not deter her! She arranged for me to borrow one from a friend. That surprise blew my boyfriend away. He was able to play
everyday. It made the trip extra special for us. My next call out goes to Ms. Hyroline Pardo. She is an absolute gem in terms of hospitality. She took a special interest in all the guests. We shared some very special moments with her over the course of the week we were
there. I would happily return to OBBR for future vacations!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Susan B
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited here the first time about 8 years ago, then returned here 3 years ago for our honeymoon, when we bought a timeshare. We have returned here every year since. The staff is friendly and helpful, the resort is beautiful, the food and drinks are delicious, the beach is fantastic, we couldn't ask for anything more! We plan on returning every year for a long time to come!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Cotopaxi, Colorado
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We had a triple celebration at Oyster Bay: granddaughter's 21st, Father's Day, and our anniversary. This was our first stay and it more than met our expectations. The staff was super friendly and helpful, the rooms were lovely, and the restaurants were great. We have a timeshare in Cancun that we exchanged for this resort and we don't regret the decision. We would definitely travel to Sint Maarten again and stay at Oyster Bay Beach Resort.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Lakewood Ranch, Florida
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We had a great room and everyone was wonderful. I was not feeling up to par and the staff went out of their way to help me out. Our maid, Ezera went above and beyond her job to make me comfortable. We have gone to Oyster Bay every year since 1998 and will go back until we are no longer able to travel.

Room Tip: Great place to stay. The employees are there year after year which shows, happy employees make for...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Aliso Viejo, California, USA
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for our honeymoon in August 2013 - what a wonderful experience! The only downside I could see for some people is that it is pretty far from any town - but my wife and I were looking specifically for a place to unplug and just lounge for a week - so this was perfect.

The rooms feel like your own apartment - lots of space, we had a room literally right on the water with 270 degree ocean views, it was very clean, the staff was great, you can rent a car at the hotel or flag down many taxis, Dawn Beach is a 1 minute walk and there aren't too many people at the beach, you can walk 2 min to a grocery store, a couple of restaurants and a bar - specifically Island Pizza which has BOMB PIZZA and Mr. Busby's beach bar which is my favorite bar on Earth, and so much more.

I wouldn't stay anywhere else in St. Maarten.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Snavelz
Maimi
Reviewed 2 July 2014

we travel here every other year - trade time share - consistent accommodations, great location - accessible to many restaurants - staff is super friendly....will return!!
Enjoyed watching the World Cup games with David the Bartender

Room Tip: Ask for an Ocean view Room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
#2 of 8 in Oyster Pond
Simpson Bay Resort & Marina
Divi Little Bay Beach Resort
Sonesta Ocean Point Resort

Been to Oyster Bay Beach Resort? Share your experiences!